New Lockheed U-2 Painting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Lockheed U-2 Painting

First of all, sorry it took me so long to see the original post and HAPPY NEW YEAR to all !!!

Just simply amazing little brother !!!! I just shared it with the base commander down here at RAFB in Georgia and you got a .

Great job as always in your work. I see it !!!!! Both of them.....

Comment

Why Thank-You Danimal! Thank-you very much! And congrats on finding the two 'Ghosts'! Next challenge: What model and configuration are each of the 'ghosts'?
      DB

Comment

Well, I can finally go to bed, I found it...............those are tough.....Nice work Daver.tnhose are beautiful drawings.
        Brian

Comment

Love the "ghosts." I spotted them both right away- the planform of the U2 wing is hard to actually conceal (though the 2nd painting had better places to hide it ;-)

I kinda let my eyes de-focus and wander- BOOM. Leaps right out. If I really concentrate, it makes it harder to find. Love optical tricks like that!

Comment

I just finally found the ghost in the 2nd one, I was looking in the right place the whole time but just couldn't see it. Well done. Both are very good.

Will

Comment

Thanks Guys! Here's another U-2 painting with a 'ghost image' - although this one is quite obvious - you'll see.
              This depicts a U-2A, piloted by Buddy Brown, returning to Laughlin AFB, TX, Oct 17th, 1962, during the height of the Cuban Missile Crisis. I had the privilege of working with Buddy Brown on this painting to be accurate with aircraft markings, time of day, weather, etc. He's quite the guy and one of our Nations Treasures.
              Attached Files
              DB

Comment

That's a beautiful painting..............is the ghost the reflection? or is it somewhere else?
                Brian

Comment

You say the picture depicts him returning.......but wouldn't the wheel dolly's be off for landing, and only on for takeoff? or am I in error....like I said, doens't matter, it's still one beutiful painting.you're very talented. Thanks
                  Brian

Comment

Very nice work dolly's or not.
                    Brad
                    Windy Hill GA83

Comment

Yes - the 'ghost' is the reflection on the wet concrete. Ground crew puts the wheeled 'pogo legs' back on the aircraft when it comes to a stop after landing, so it can taxi back off the runway. Scene depicts off the runway. I've got some pics buried somewhere from '04 at Beale AFB where extra help was needed - apparently, not always an easy task - I'll see if I can find the pics and post 'em.

THANKS!
                      DB

Comment

Working...
                      X