Question on flying the T-6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on flying the T-6

Quick questions of for our T-6 guys. Feel free to answer via PM.

Final approach, after 'GUMP'.. At what point/IAS might you notice engine RPM drop-off. And how far? I would assume your full forward prop settings to be 24-2600 or so, but curious what kind of RPM that might give you at the chop throttle stage through the flare. (Or upon touchdown on a wheel landing)

My best guess is that you might observe 1800-2000, when over the fence at 65-75 KIAS, but I really don't know..

Best regards, and thanks in advance!
    - Joseph

Re: Question on flying the T-6

I've got around 2 years of flying at Warbird Adventures. We used 1850rpm for cruise, right through landing. A curving approach was preferred at around 17-18" and 110-115mph indicated right through the flare and touching down tail low to three point. Throttle as required, the goal being not to have to add throttle. There is nothing wrong with pushing the prop up, except for the annoying noise. Like any airplane there are 100 right ways to fly it...just keep it straight.

Jim
    Last edited by Harley909; 12-10-2013, 07:04 PM.

Comment

Re: Question on flying the T-6

Jim ,

Thank-you.
      Running the lower prop setting makes sense to be. There's still power available if need be at 1850, but like you said, less noise. (And probably less potential for engine stress?)

- Joseph

Comment

Working...
      X