pylon racing coming to nz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: pylon racing coming to nz

...........you do know that we (those of us stateside)
    will require updates and pics.
    Mayday51
    Jim Gallagher

Comment

Originally posted by mayday51 View Post
      ...........you do know that we (those of us stateside)
      will require updates and pics.
      I have my 3 day pass, motel booked, ready to go, i will update each day as mobile data rates here in nz are massively overpriced
      race fan, photographer with more cameras than a camera store

Comment

Looks like the excitement is building!

http://www.warbirdsnews.com/airshow-...ds-wanaka.html
        Random Air Blog

Comment

Cant wait, a little over a week to go, cameras cleaned, memorycards and film ready... going to test out my new camera... due to back and shoulder injuries i said good bye to my dslr and have gone mirrorless.... olympus omd em1, and a couple of lenses includin the 75-300mm means my kit has dropped from 10lbs to 4lbs
          Last edited by kiwiracefan; 04-09-2014, 04:23 AM. Reason: added text

Comment

Cool interview with the "Americans".

http://www.3news.co.nz/Ex-military-j...6/Default.aspx
            Random Air Blog

Comment

Originally posted by kiwiracefan View Post
              Cant wait, a little over a week to go, cameras cleaned, memorycards and film ready... going to test out my new camera... due to back and shoulder injuries i said good bye to my dslr and have gone mirrorless.... olympus omd em1, and a couple of lenses includin the 75-300mm means my kit has dropped from 10lbs to 4lbs
              I'm looking forward to your reports. And photos,too, please.

Comment

Hey there all, sorry for my slack reporting skills...
                This years Warbirds over Wanaka has now been and gone, and with it, the #gigatownwanaka Jet races.
                Unfortunately due to severe weather all over NZ except Wanaka, several of the acts including the only live firing P-40N, and 2 seat spitfire, plus the usual gaggle of 8 or 9 T-6s didnt make the show.
                But the weather in Wanaka held out and we got 3 really good races.
                Team Reno was Lee Behel, Johnny Kokshoorn and Rick Vandam flying L-29's and Team NZ made up of local pilots Brett Emeny and Paul 'huggy' Hughan flying DH Vampire T-55s and Peter Vause flying an L-39
                Pace plane for the Jets took the unlikely form of a P-40, flown by Kiwi Warbird legend John Lamont.
                Friday saw Huggy take first place from Lee Behel and Brett Emeny in an interesting race.
                Saturday's heat saw Peter Vause take the chequered flag from Rick Vandam and Huggy, and today's race saw the Vampires finish 1-2 with Huggy leading home Brett Emeny and Peter Vause.
                The other acts included everything from ultralight homebuilts to the latest military tech for the RNZAF with the new NH90 helicopter being shown off at Wanaka for the first time.
                WW1 was a special feature this year, and The Vintage Aviator brought 6 WW1 replica's to the show to mark the centenary of the start of WW1. This little fleet included a Fokker Dr1, D VII and Pfalz for the Germans, and on the Allied side, Sopwith Triplane, Airco DH5, and Bristol F2b fighter.
                Between the wars saw a beautiful Beech Staggerwing, and new build Waco YMF joined by Dh Tiger moths, a Dh 83 Fox Moth, Dh 89 Dragon Rapide, and Dhc-1 Chipmunk.
                WW2 was represented by P-51D, Spitfire Mk IX, Grumman TBM, P-40e, F4U and 2 Yak-3's.
                The P-40 and F4U are both ex RNZAF airframes that have survived.
                The RAAF from australia provided 2 Bae Hawk 127's for display this year and they provided some good fast jet action.
                At the end of the show, the airfield came under 'attack' by the communist 'luggateski' faction in their Yak 52s. The fighters scrambled to defend before forming up for a Balbo to close the show.
                The organizing committee have already announce the next show will be 2016 over the easter weekend of March 25th - 27th 2016
                Pics will come, but with 18GB of pics to go through it might take a few days!

Comment

Working...
                X