Share it: Mid-80's Highlight Reel!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Share it: Mid-80's Highlight Reel!

Perhaps this will get the blood flowing for Reno 2014?
    Share the link with your "friends"!

Find it HERE.

Special Thanks and courtesy of videographer John Ward

- Joseph

Re: Share it: Mid-80's Highlight Reel!

My first 4 or 5 years out at the races were spent there on that ridge with my dad.

I kept looking for our burnt orange Toyota Land Cruiser, rather than the air planes buzzing them. I had to replay this 2 or 3 times.

Thanks JCP!!

Wolfee

Comment

Thanks for posting these Joseph. Sorry about the quality-25 year old videotape. Original shot on VHS with JVC recorder and camera. Footage from 1986 and 1987. Editing was done by a friend for our friends. What we called "getting a haircut". Lefty and Skip Holm sharing the low stuff with each group on the hill. I'd like to thank RARA for all the thrills over the years.
      John Ward

Comment

That was great footage!

I had nothing to do with it though Wolfee, I was just an 18 year old cheering from our pit that year and Joseph was kind enough to post it.

Man I would LOVE to be able to go back in time and spend a day up there, what a blast!

JC

Comment

Holy @#$&! Those are some brave souls. Would love to be there....but I'd be changin' my diaper on a frequent basis. That's pretty low/close.

Comment

Originally posted by V1670 View Post
            Holy @#$&! Those are some brave souls. Would love to be there....but I'd be changin' my diaper on a frequent basis. That's pretty low/close.
            Thanks for the video, that was very enjoyable. It was nice to see some footage of Blind Man's Bluff.

While watching qualifying one year, I bailed off the hood of my rental car as Skip Holm in BMB passed very low overhead (quite wide on the course). I saw him coming, the ground started shaking and I bailed! Fortunately, I only spilled one beer.

Comment

Great video, the 80's were great years at Reno. Thanks for the memories.
              Ron

Comment

Working...
              X