News From RARA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News From RARA

This is a story which I had hoped, if I didn't say anything about, maybe it would magically change and I'd not have to say it... The news seems to have gotten out on other boards... so I guess my plan isn't going to work..

Yesterday, RARA decided to eliminate our beloved Media Coordinator Valerie Miller Moore's position as well as her entire marketing staff....

This had to be a tough one for Mike Houghton to swallow! Houghton: "We have major challenges and are cutting to the bone"

I personally find it hard to believe that Valerie didn't bring far more to the races than her modest salary cost RARA...
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: Bad News Out of RARA

We will all miss Valerie and her energy. Those of us who have worked with her appreciate her enthusiasm & love of the races, and will miss her.
    Perhaps there are other plans afoot for PR/Advertising/Promotion of the NCAR we are not privy to.
    Before we all embarrass ourselves with inappropriate comments, why not wait for the next announcement from RARA?
    There are comments on other boards that say there is a major need for hiring a PR firm to promote the races. Suppose that might be in the works????

Comment

Originally posted by ShermB View Post
      We will all miss Valerie and her energy. Those of us who have worked with her appreciate her enthusiasm & love of the races, and will miss her.
      Perhaps there are other plans afoot for PR/Advertising/Promotion of the NCAR we are not privy to.
      Before we all embarrass ourselves with inappropriate comments, why not wait for the next announcement from RARA?
      There are comments on other boards that say there is a major need for hiring a PR firm to promote the races. Suppose that might be in the works????
      Uhm...how they going to make an actual announcement without the people that actually make those announcements....? I reserve judgment on thinking an outside firm needs to be brought in, because I don't know how big the budget for Valerie was. If it was just a title and a boatload of work, then it had little to fuel the process. All I know is that she provided safety, co-ordination and control to keep the Media people at the event safe and under control. If an outside firm is taking over, I would advocate they hire her to work on the account, as she has the Tribal Knowledge they would spend years attempting to gain.

I had wondered if it would be taken over by the city of Reno's promo department, since they pony up money for the event. Only time will tell.

Comment

I don't know what they were paying Valerie but I have a feeling that any outside marketing group would cost substantially more. Unless Breitling is handling it so they don't lose all the $$$$$ they have invested trying to keep a sinking ship above water...

Comment

Exactly Victor. What will happen to the 'Blue Vest' gang? It would probably be bitter for her to return just to wear on.

Boss
          Here's to you Val !

Comment

They have hired an outside firm to handle the marketing. I was at the 50th dinner and sat next to the person they hired.

Comment

Originally posted by airtj View Post
              They have hired an outside firm to handle the marketing. I was at the 50th dinner and sat next to the person they hired.
              Phil Hurst?

Comment

It was a lady, the firm they hired was Freemark Entertainment.

Comment

Well, yes I will miss the friendly faces in the RARA office.
                  Last edited by Desertdawg; 11-19-2013, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Let's see, they have a "GoDaddy" website dated this year. They have no presence on the internet outside of the items they have placed there. They have been in business about 4 years, yet they claim a client/ success list that precedes their formation as a company. Seemingly, they are so far focused on the "X-Games" type crowd with all their past listings. I suspect they will have a large say in future formats of the event, not just the advertising of it. Big change is coming, good or bad. Only time will tell.
                    Last edited by LoveOldPlanes; 11-19-2013, 12:37 PM. Reason: added info

Comment

Originally posted by LoveOldPlanes View Post
                      Let's see, they have a "GoDaddy" website dated this year. They have no presence on the internet outside of the items they have placed there. They have been in business about 4 years, yet they claim a client/ success list that precedes their formation as a company. Seemingly, they are so far focused on the "X-Games" type crowd with all their past listings. I suspect they will have a large say in future formats of the event, not just the advertising of it. Big change is coming, good or bad. Only time will tell.
                      X-games crowd. Exactly who the future is. I am a perfect example of that. Before Reno I was an Extreme Athlete for 20 years, and the new fans have no idea this even exsists.

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Bill Kelso View Post
                        X-games crowd. Exactly who the future is. I am a perfect example of that. Before Reno I was an Extreme Athlete for 20 years, and the new fans have no idea this even exsists.
                        Hey Wild Bill,

You mean your work routine over the last year getting PM ready isn't considered an Extreme sport,

It should be
                        Last edited by Desertdawg; 11-19-2013, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Desertdawg View Post
                          Hey Wild Bill,

As your work routine over the last year getting PM ready isn't considered an Extreme sport
                          But throwing yourself over 30-50 ft cliffs on a bicycle is

Comment

I'm being told there will be an open letter to the fans and supporters on the RARA site later today... if not already there..

Wayne Sagar
                            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
                              I'm being told there will be an open letter to the fans and supporters on the RARA site later today... if not already there..

The email to the pilots and owners was very nice.

Comment

Working...
                              X