Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rare Bear and 232 Status??

Default Re: Rare Bear and 232 Status??

Quote Originally Posted by Bigger Al View Post
    Wow it only took 10 posts for this to devolve into yet another RB pissing contest.

Really Bigger?? Don't see that here...

Regarding money spent though, if you calculate the *ability* to spend; Current owner, versus Lyle, by a magnitude of many multiples, Lyle spent FAR more of his percentage of "ability to spend" than Rod ever has..

Please don't take this as any sort of slam to Mr. Lewis, I know him personally, we're two members of a small club that no one wants to join.. (throat cancer, both of us in '04, same LONG HARD treatment)... His ability to spend is very, very deep, indeed! His financial backing of the sport over the past few years breathed a lot of life into what might have been a "no more racing" situation.

Now, back on topic... Hoot is a wonderful guy, REALLY a good stick...232 a great airplane with a loyal following.. it was a shame what went down when he lost the scoop.... Really, two major contenders were dealt unexpected blows that would be hard to come back from. One made it, the other, too much damage.

I'm looking forward to another good year of off season work/rumors/anticipation/ then onto PRS and RENO '14!

Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Quote Originally Posted by Bigger Al View Post
    Maybe I misunderstood the intent of the posts. If so, apologies to those involved.
    Hey Bigger, I know you, I know you never stir the pot! I could be off on my take as well! You're always a welcome, level headed contributor here!
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Quote Originally Posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
    level headed contributor here!
    Did somebody call my name?

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Jim View Post
    Did somebody call my name?
    LOL... don't get me started...
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Jackson View Post
    I would venture to guess that the engine sneezed from burning a valve and not from the scoop blowing off. I might be wrong, but I think the scoop was blown off as a result of the valving failing followed by a giant sneeze!!!!!
    . Just a comment from the cheap seats.

MJ

After watching the video the team released, I agree. The on-board shot shows the flame coming out of the exhaust before the scoop pieces hit the canopy.

As for me, I don't really care if it was the chicken or the egg that came first, I just want to see 232 up and running at next years race.

I have a bit of a soft spot for the roundies being from a family with two generations of Navy pilots. Also, this may not be the thread to address this in, but I think its a shame that there has been so much talk about if the Bear should hang it up. If anything, I think the last few years have been more fun than ever for the top unlimiteds running roundies. The budding rivalry between the Bear and 232 has in some ways been more entertaining than what the super stangs are doing (although the 2013 team mix ups was fun). On top of that, if Furias hadn't gone down in 2012, I think the competition between the three top roundies would have stole the show even if none of them took first. I want all of them to find a way to get back in 2014 healthy, hungry and fast.