Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: My pics are now up on photobucket.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Spokane
    Posts
    590

    Default My pics are now up on photobucket.

    http://s1217.photobucket.com/user/Co...brary/Reno2013
    My 6 pages of pics are now up on photobucket. Many thanks to Will, Florian, Tom, Don, Curtis Noble, and others for letting me post their fine pics up on my site. I have made every attempt to check over each pic and make sure I have credited those who took the pics. Pics without credits are my snapshots I take for memories and if anyone has any use for them, they are welcome to them. I have asked 4 other photogs for their permission to use their pics posted on this forum but perhaps they are busy or whatever but they have not gotten back to me. If they do, I will update this album with their pics.
    Please, if anyone sees I have mislabeled a pic or put one of theirs up without permission, let me know and I will take it down or change it. I am only human....Thanks!
    The old coyote
    Last edited by Coyote Chris; 10-19-2013 at 10:38 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    7,938

    Default Re: My pics are now up on photobucket.

    Quote Originally Posted by Coyote Chris View Post
    http://s1217.photobucket.com/user/Co...brary/Reno2013
    My 6 pages of pics are now up on photobucket. Many thanks to Will, Florian, Tom, Don, Curtis Noble, and others for letting me post their fine pics up on my site. I have made every attempt to check over each pic and make sure I have credited those who took the pics. Pics without credits are my snapshots I take for memories and if anyone has any use for them, they are welcome to them. I have asked 4 other photogs for their permission to use their pics posted on this forum but perhaps they are busy or whatever but they have not gotten back to me. If they do, I will update this album with their pics.
    Please, if anyone sees I have mislabeled a pic or put one of theirs up without permission, let me know and I will take it down or change it. I am only human....Thanks!
    The old coyote
    Nice gallery! Made me feel like I'm still there....
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Spokane
    Posts
    590

    Default Re: My pics are now up on photobucket.

    Thanks, Wayne..nice of you to say so....Mostly, I make these up for the memories...I actually go back to them now and again and remember all the wonderful people and good times we all had....every year at Reno is a gift. (I now see a pic I don't think I have credit for...it is a pic of parts (induction cowl) coming off 232...if anyone knows who owns this photo, please tell me and I will check it out....

    Say, isn't this young fella a bit too inexperienced to be driving a forklift???? LOL!

    Quote Originally Posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
    Nice gallery! Made me feel like I'm still there....

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    184

    Default Re: My pics are now up on photobucket.

    I love to see that level of participation from all the team members, including pilots.

    Arguably one of the best "team efforts" won this year.

    Don

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Texas, Oregon
    Posts
    632

    Default Re: My pics are now up on photobucket.

    Quote Originally Posted by Coyote Chris View Post
    http://s1217.photobucket.com/user/Co...brary/Reno2013
    My 6 pages of pics are now up on photobucket.
    Very nice, thank you.

    The first photo, Voodoo, is beautiful for it's power and speed.

    That was a great capture of 232's "shrapnel" on page 2, photo 18.

    About your question - isn't that a SU-25 Frogfoot?
    Last edited by FlyKidChris; 10-21-2013 at 01:34 PM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Spokane
    Posts
    590

    Default Re: My pics are now up on photobucket.

    Good catch. That , according to a person in the hanger, is one of only two Frogfoots (FrogFeet?) in the free world and is eventually going to be rebuilt, or so they say....still waiting on hearing from anyone who knows who the 232 pic belongs to.
    Chris who is very thankful no one got hurt bad at Reno this year.
    (My apologies to Will for misspelling his name on the pics...I think I have them correct now but will check then again tomarrow to make sure I didn't miss one. )

    Quote Originally Posted by FlyKidChris View Post
    Very nice, thank you.

    The first photo, Voodoo, is beautiful for it's power and speed.

    That was a great capture of 232's "shrapnel" on page 2, photo 18.

    About your question - isn't that a SU-25 Frogfoot?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    184

    Default Re: My pics are now up on photobucket.

    As someone who has never seen the races from the valley of speed, this really shows me I have to get over there one of these years!

    Thanks for putting these all together, great highlights of this years races!

    Don

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Napa Ca
    Posts
    1,255

    Default Re: My pics are now up on photobucket.

    Quote Originally Posted by CRJpilot View Post
    As someone who has never seen the races from the valley of speed, this really shows me I have to get over there one of these years!

    Thanks for putting these all together, great highlights of this years races!

    Don
    If you are thinking of pics like this,


    They weren't shot from the VOS. I took those from the hillside above pylon 3, off of the end of Lemon Drive (you need a 4wd to get there or you are in for a pretty good hike. I rode my mountain bike in with all my camera equipment, a folding chair and food strapped to my back.)

    Will

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    184

    Default Re: My pics are now up on photobucket.

    Quote Originally Posted by RAD2LTR View Post
    If you are thinking of pics like this
    Yes I was and that makes sense with Stead airport in the back ground.

    I admire your dedication to get up there, it obviously was work but also well worth it!

    Seeing those machines go by at that speed at eye level must be quite the sight!!!

    Don

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Napa Ca
    Posts
    1,255

    Default Re: My pics are now up on photobucket.

    Quote Originally Posted by CRJpilot View Post
    Yes I was and that makes sense with Stead airport in the back ground.

    I admire your dedication to get up there, it obviously was work but also well worth it!

    Seeing those machines go by at that speed at eye level must be quite the sight!!!

    Don
    It is a very cool location to watch from, but like I said, you have to pack everything in, then pack it back out, but the trip out is pretty fun. (Hopefully I'll remember to put a new set of tires on that bike before next year. Bald tires don't work so well in sandy conditions.) I think I'll shoot from the same spot next year unless I can find a way to obtain a press pass that will get me closer to the action. Otherwise I'll work on getting a bigger lens that doesn't go soft at 300mm.

    Will

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •