Strega is officially for sale!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Strega is officially for sale!

I'm assuming the protest by Team Dago was lodged to try to get Strega DQ'd, or heavily penalized.........'cuz there was no way in hell they were gonna keep up with Strega on that day! Having said that, I was pulling for Dan as much as I was for Tiger, and Mike Brown.

Kevin

Comment

There was no protest by Team Dago. None. I'll leave it at that.

SA

Comment

Ah,come on,I want to hear more.

Comment

If I remember correctly, Mike Brown protested and it was denied.

Dan Martin did not protest, but he was pissed off.

Comment

Originally posted by al baby View Post
            If I remember correctly, Mike Brown protested and it was denied.

Dan Martin did not protest, but he was pissed off.

And that's the last we saw of Mike Brown......................

GP

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Bill Kelso View Post
              Now this may be just the opinion of one guy but here goes. When I was a wee young lad about the ripe young age of 5 or 6 maybe; where did I first decide that some day I wanted to go air racing? Watching the Reno Air Races on ABC's Wide World of Sports.

Having this event as a prime event on TV is the only thing that will ever bring up the numbers. Prime time TV is called that for a reason folks. Sponsors come with prime time viewing/air time. Internet just isn't going to cut it! It needs to be broadcast on a Sunday in between a NASCAR race and an Indy Car race. Why!? Because as the die hard gear head sits and waits for that next race you give him a "oh wait what is this" moment. The people that are drawn to ANY kind of racing live a lifestyle. Sunday is that day during the summer that they fire up the BBQ, invite friends over, drink beer, and watch racing all day. They don't care if it's cars, trucks, motorcycles, or lawnmowers; they gonna watch some racing today. Will that put butts in seat?! You bet ya! A certain number will attend the air races because it's human nature to want to experience something first hand. We need new fans and this is the only way to get them.
              Sorry for the late post on this, I've been in Mojave. But, Extremely well said Bill!! This is how I got started as a fan as well! This and Air Classics magazines that my dad would by me. Right now is PRIME TIME to throw a gold race in between Football games or NASCAR races! For all the wrong reasons, the air races have gained a lot of attention lately, but at least people know they exist now. If the viewing public could have the excitement spoon fed to them or dropped into their laps, there would be more interest generated! The general public that already know about NASCAR would think of the air races other than the place where that crash happend. I talk to so many people who believe that the Reno Air Races was a "one off" event! Maybe with Prime Time TV coverage a few more folks would have their interest piqued enough to do an internet search for Air Racing, find AAFO.com and we could gain a few more fans! After that ABC broadcast, I looked through all my old Air Classics and became an air racing junkie just like a lot of you folks. But it has to start with Prime Time TV!!

Race 29
              Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Comment

What we need is an air racing reality tv show.

Have four film crews follow four of the super modified teams and document the month leading-up to the races, and then race week. Make it an 8 episode plot curve, and get it on the Discovery channel.

Drama, check
                Cursing, check
                Excitment, check
                Comedy, check
                Bad-ass machines, check
                Crazy characters, check
                Politics, check

Lets do this!
                '71 S.D.1000, '85-'91,'94',95,'97-'99,'02,'04,'06,'08,'10,'13,'14 NCAR.

Comment

Originally posted by planecrazy2 View Post

Have four film crews follow four of the super modified teams and document the month leading-up to the races, and then race week. Make it an 8 episode plot curve, and get it on the Discovery channel.

Drama, check
                  Cursing, check
                  Excitment, check
                  Comedy, check
                  Bad-ass machines, check
                  Crazy characters, check
                  Politics, check

Lets do this!
                  I'd watch it, but I don't count since I'm already a fan. It might just work though. There are enough pretty flat plot lined reality shows out there that it might just fly for being different. Heck, logging, gold mining, gold mining in the ocean, building cheaply and quickly built hot rods and then flipping them for top dollar; they all seem popular. Why not do an air racing one

It couldn't hurt exposure with a positive spin.

Will

Comment

If TV would help the races survive, then I'm all for it. As for me, untill they make a TV that'll give me a sun-burn, accurately re-produce the sound of a Merlin set on kill and prop-wash....you know where I'll be.... Long live Reno!!!

Comment

• Re: Strega is officially for sale!

Drama, check
                      Cursing, check
                      Excitment, check
                      Comedy, check
                      Bad-ass machines, check
                      Crazy characters, check
                      Politics, check

Lets do this!
                      OMG!!! This is a great freakin' idea!! This show would be huge!! I agree, Let's do this!!

Race 29
                      Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Comment

Drama, check
                        Cursing, check
                        Excitment, check
                        Comedy, check
                        Bad-ass machines, check
                        Crazy characters, check
                        Politics, check

Lets do this!
                        You forgot cheap looking truck stop waitress women wearing Dolly Parton wigs!

Comment

Originally posted by Race 29 View Post
                          OMG!!! This is a great freakin' idea!! This show would be huge!! I agree, Let's do this!!

Race 29
                          More scrutiny from the FAA.

Great idea!

Comment

Originally posted by Reever View Post
                            You forgot cheap looking truck stop waitress women wearing Dolly Parton wigs!
                            Oh, I don't think they would leave out the wild women and hard liquer.
                            Chris working on a logo for "Survivor, Reno"

Comment

Working...
                            X