Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Strega is officially for sale!

Originally posted by Desertdawg View Post
    I think AAFO should buy it or be the corporate sponsor. HANGERTALK painted on the sides.

With all the knowledge on this board, plus all the expert "backseat" racers/mechanics we should have a very competitive racer.

Only drawback will be that since we own it - no more drama from #7 threads

Hey.. polish up your CC's.. I could make a paypal page to attempt to make this possible in seconds..

If we don't achieve the ultimate goal (purchase price) do I have to return the money???

Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by Desertdawg View Post
      All kidding aside, Strega and Jack Roush as owner would be a great combination.

His organization has good skills/connection to workings of sponsorship deals and has contributed some expertise to the engine dept over the years.

Some years back at Oshkosh Ford had a Q n A session with Jack Roush and Carl Edwards at the Theater in the woods. My question was "Jack, since you own, operate and produce engine parts for P-51's, and since Carl has recently become an avid aviator how long until we see a Roush owned race plane being piloted by Carl at Reno in September?"

Carl laughed, and Jack answered rather quickly that he loves his airplanes too much to expose them to the hazards that are inherent with racing.

That of course could all change, but it was an interesting and rather immediate answer.

Comment

But Roush does own a racer: http://www.mustangsmustangs.com/p-51...erial/44-74230

Click image for larger version

Name:	44-74230_03135_es1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	227483
        Random Air Blog

Comment

Hear, hear.

It's about time to return #76 to its old glory as "No Name Dame"!

T J

Comment

Originally posted by N22252 View Post
            , let's put Will Whiteside in the seat
            That I'd like to see...or maybe Dave Morss.

Comment

Maybe someone has shown interest in Strega and this might be the way of finding the highest value.

Comment

No name dame at Hollister 1979
                Attached Files

Comment

Tiger is just sticking with the times. Everyone has P-51 racing stuff for sale: http://www.barnstormers.com/classifi...cer+Parts.html
                  Random Air Blog

Comment

This is a conspiracy by the round motor guys....they figure if they can get all the super fast Mustang guys to sell their planes, and then the new owners convert them back to stock configuration so they (the round motor guys) can start winning again...today's "Stangs are too fast for the round motor guys to keep up....

Comment

Originally posted by grampi View Post
                      This is a conspiracy by the round motor guys....they figure if they can get all the super fast Mustang guys to sell their planes, and then the new owners convert them back to stock configuration so they (the round motor guys) can start winning again...today's "Stangs are too fast for the round motor guys to keep up....
                      The Cat's out of the bag now!

Comment

Originally posted by grampi View Post
                        Oh god not this **** again!

Comment

I would like to see Skip Holm fly Strega against Hinton Jr. I don't see how it could happen, but it would be a fun match up of pilots and planes.

Comment

Originally posted by Callaghan View Post
                            I would like to see Skip Holm fly Strega against Hinton Jr. I don't see how it could happen, but it would be a fun match up of pilots and planes.
                            I would also like to see them race.

Comment

I'd like to see Skip Holm race Darryl Greenamyer in ANYTHING.

Comment

Skip Who?!
                                Seems I vaguely remember someone with that name?....

Comment

Working...
                                X