Strega is officially for sale!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strega is officially for sale!

Platinum Fighter Sales specializes in the sale of quality, historic, vintage and warbird aircraft, for both the pilot and the collector.

Re: Strega is officially for sale!

Ouch. I hope someone doesn't turn her into a stocker and sell her....

Comment

Cant wait to see her sporting a new TF canopy doing low speed passes at airshows across the country.

Comment

I think AAFO should buy it or be the corporate sponsor. HANGERTALK painted on the sides.

With all the knowledge on this board, plus all the expert "backseat" racers/mechanics we should have a very competitive racer.

Only drawback will be that since we own it - no more drama from #7 threads

Comment

Originally posted by Desertdawg View Post
          I think AAFO should buy it or be the corporate sponsor. HANGERTALK painted on the sides.

With all the knowledge on this board, plus all the expert "backseat" racers/mechanics we should have a very competitive racer.

That's absolutely hilarious!!! I am seriously considering going out to buy a lottery ticket!

Comment

Originally posted by Desertdawg View Post

There's always Drama...We'd have to argue for months to come to a consensus on who would be our pilot to fly the "Wayne's World Witch"... In keeping with the theme of words that start with "W", let's put Will Whiteside in the seat

Comment

Yes it could be called "WWWWWOW" with the O&W standing for "OZZIES WORLD. Of course we could make a twin Mustang with "Strega" & "Dago Red" and "Sani-Hut" as Corporate Sponsor. It must be 5PM somewhere.
              Lockheed Bob

Comment

I hope who ever buys it keeps as a racer!

Comment

The ad makes it seem like either you're going to sponsor it, or you're going to buy it and race it. I really doubt Tiger will let it go to someone who won't race his pride and joy. Was Buccarelli the person who sold PM to Thom? If so, Buccarelli knew that Thom was going to pursue a gold title in her and look where PM is now. One of the best and most fun racing teams we have ever seen. Keep your hopes up guys, there has to be one person out of the 7 billion or whatever in this world that will take Strega just as Thom did PM and continue racing her. Stay hopeful, it will turn out ok
                  Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Maybe Matt Jackson will buy it.

Comment

Maybe John Travolta will buy her and bring her to Florida to live.....

Comment

I heard conflicting reports abot a sponsor this year......some say it was John Travolta and others said Tom Cruise...does anyone know? Perhaps this years sponsor will get behind Strega with Matt at the controls for future showings.
                        Brian

Comment

All kidding aside, Strega and Jack Roush as owner would be a great combination.

His organization has good skills/connection to workings of sponsorship deals and has contributed some expertise to the engine dept over the years.

Comment

I heard from a reliable source that Tom C. gave $150,000 so she could appear this year.....It would be nice if Harrison Ford or a certain ex- Microsoft executive would pony up a few bucks to keep such a historic event alive and well. It is sad but possible that perhaps even I give more bucks to keep this event going than either of those two and other really wealthy aviation types do.
                            Originally posted by supercub View Post
                            I heard conflicting reports abot a sponsor this year......some say it was John Travolta and others said Tom Cruise...does anyone know? Perhaps this years sponsor will get behind Strega with Matt at the controls for future showings.
                            Brian

Comment

If, there was, indeed, a benefactor.. a portion of any agreement which may have happened, probably had a clause regarding confidentiality...

At least, that's the way it was put to me...

That said.... Anything that we hear from, anywhere is, probably, purely conjecture.

I doubt true details for public consumption will become forthcoming..

But, ya never know...
                              Wayne Sagar
                              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
                              X