My pics are now up on photobucket.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My pics are now up on photobucket.

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

My 6 pages of pics are now up on photobucket. Many thanks to Will, Florian, Tom, Don, Curtis Noble, and others for letting me post their fine pics up on my site. I have made every attempt to check over each pic and make sure I have credited those who took the pics. Pics without credits are my snapshots I take for memories and if anyone has any use for them, they are welcome to them. I have asked 4 other photogs for their permission to use their pics posted on this forum but perhaps they are busy or whatever but they have not gotten back to me. If they do, I will update this album with their pics.
    Please, if anyone sees I have mislabeled a pic or put one of theirs up without permission, let me know and I will take it down or change it. I am only human....Thanks!
    The old coyote
    Last edited by Coyote Chris; 10-19-2013, 09:38 PM.

Re: My pics are now up on photobucket.

Originally posted by Coyote Chris View Post
    http://s1217.photobucket.com/user/Co...brary/Reno2013
    My 6 pages of pics are now up on photobucket. Many thanks to Will, Florian, Tom, Don, Curtis Noble, and others for letting me post their fine pics up on my site. I have made every attempt to check over each pic and make sure I have credited those who took the pics. Pics without credits are my snapshots I take for memories and if anyone has any use for them, they are welcome to them. I have asked 4 other photogs for their permission to use their pics posted on this forum but perhaps they are busy or whatever but they have not gotten back to me. If they do, I will update this album with their pics.
    Please, if anyone sees I have mislabeled a pic or put one of theirs up without permission, let me know and I will take it down or change it. I am only human....Thanks!
    The old coyote
    Nice gallery! Made me feel like I'm still there....
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Thanks, Wayne..nice of you to say so....Mostly, I make these up for the memories...I actually go back to them now and again and remember all the wonderful people and good times we all had....every year at Reno is a gift. (I now see a pic I don't think I have credit for...it is a pic of parts (induction cowl) coming off 232...if anyone knows who owns this photo, please tell me and I will check it out....

Say, isn't this young fella a bit too inexperienced to be driving a forklift???? LOL!

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
      Nice gallery! Made me feel like I'm still there....

Comment

I love to see that level of participation from all the team members, including pilots.

Arguably one of the best "team efforts" won this year.

Don

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote Chris View Post
          http://s1217.photobucket.com/user/Co...brary/Reno2013
          My 6 pages of pics are now up on photobucket.
          Very nice, thank you.

The first photo, Voodoo, is beautiful for it's power and speed.

That was a great capture of 232's "shrapnel" on page 2, photo 18.

About your question - isn't that a SU-25 Frogfoot?
          Last edited by FlyKidChris; 10-21-2013, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Good catch. That , according to a person in the hanger, is one of only two Frogfoots (FrogFeet?) in the free world and is eventually going to be rebuilt, or so they say....still waiting on hearing from anyone who knows who the 232 pic belongs to.
            Chris who is very thankful no one got hurt bad at Reno this year.
            (My apologies to Will for misspelling his name on the pics...I think I have them correct now but will check then again tomarrow to make sure I didn't miss one. )

Originally posted by FlyKidChris View Post
            Very nice, thank you.

The first photo, Voodoo, is beautiful for it's power and speed.

That was a great capture of 232's "shrapnel" on page 2, photo 18.

About your question - isn't that a SU-25 Frogfoot?

Comment

As someone who has never seen the races from the valley of speed, this really shows me I have to get over there one of these years!

Thanks for putting these all together, great highlights of this years races!

Don

Comment

Originally posted by CRJpilot View Post
                As someone who has never seen the races from the valley of speed, this really shows me I have to get over there one of these years!

Thanks for putting these all together, great highlights of this years races!

Don
                If you are thinking of pics like this,

They weren't shot from the VOS. I took those from the hillside above pylon 3, off of the end of Lemon Drive (you need a 4wd to get there or you are in for a pretty good hike. I rode my mountain bike in with all my camera equipment, a folding chair and food strapped to my back.)

Will

Comment

Originally posted by RAD2LTR View Post
                  If you are thinking of pics like this
                  Yes I was and that makes sense with Stead airport in the back ground.

I admire your dedication to get up there, it obviously was work but also well worth it!

Seeing those machines go by at that speed at eye level must be quite the sight!!!

Don

Comment

Yes I was and that makes sense with Stead airport in the back ground.

I admire your dedication to get up there, it obviously was work but also well worth it!

Seeing those machines go by at that speed at eye level must be quite the sight!!!

Don
                    It is a very cool location to watch from, but like I said, you have to pack everything in, then pack it back out, but the trip out is pretty fun. (Hopefully I'll remember to put a new set of tires on that bike before next year. Bald tires don't work so well in sandy conditions.) I think I'll shoot from the same spot next year unless I can find a way to obtain a press pass that will get me closer to the action. Otherwise I'll work on getting a bigger lens that doesn't go soft at 300mm.

Will

Comment

Otherwise I'll work on getting a bigger lens that doesn't go soft at 300mm.
                      Something I do that few people seem to consider. . .

Before I leave Canada I rent a Canon "L" 100-400mm zoom lens. It's worth roughly $1800.00 to purchase new these days and supposedly is due to be replaced by Canon shortly with a newer version.

I rent the lens for $40.00/day and they offer a weekly rental rate so I get the lens for 4 x $40.00 or $160.00 for race week.

Since the only time I need a lens that size is for the few days of the races, it's a good deal.

There's a couple pics of the Hellcat from the stands using that lens that Chris included on page 2 of his Photobucket gallery.

Don
                      Last edited by CRJpilot; 10-24-2013, 05:20 PM.

Comment

Something I do that few people seem to consider. . .

Before I leave Canada I rent a Canon "L" 100-400mm zoom lens. It's worth roughly $1800.00 to purchase new these days and supposedly is due to be replaced by Canon shortly with a newer version.

I rent the lens for $40.00/day and they offer a weekly rental rate so I get the lens for 4 x $40.00 or $160.00 for race week.

Since the only time I need a lens that size is for the few days of the races, it's a good deal.

There's a couple pics of the Hellcat from the stands using that lens that Chris included on page 2 of his Photobucket gallery.

Don
                        I could use a 400+mm lens for most of the things I shoot. I usually just can't get close enough to the subject for various reasons. I shoot a lot of different things. Renting a big lens would quickly eat me alive not to mention there isn't any local place that I can go to rent one.

Will

Comment

I could use a 400+mm lens for most of the things I shoot. I usually just can't get close enough to the subject for various reasons. I shoot a lot of different things. Renting a big lens would quickly eat me alive not to mention there isn't any local place that I can go to rent one.

Will
                          Makes sense, frequent and constant use certainly justifies purchasing but other factors can also get in the way.

I just can't justify big money for a lens that would spend most of it's life on a shelf.

Don

Comment

I'm tempted to try a Sigma 150-500mm but all the reviews I've read seem to indicate that it goes soft beyond 300mm, and isn't the most sharp lens to begin with. The Nikon 80-400 that just came out looks to be a really nice lens, but its also $2800. I don't have $2800 burning a hole in my pocket. Not to mention that the lens would be more than twice what I paid for my camera body. The old version of this lens isn't all that great and tends to be soft at the long end as well. A doubler wouldn't help anything either, aside from making a slow lens even slower and losing my image stabilization. I really wish someone would make a lens that was soft on the short end and sharp on the long end, it would be just what I need.

Will

Comment

Working...
                            X