Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

National Championship slightly off topic but not.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Championship slightly off topic but not.

I just wanted to let the guys from the older Bear crews know, after 30 years of racing flat track motorcycles as a team owner/sponsor and builder Tony Dodge and his Dodge Bros. Racing have won the National Championship. Many of you crew members and fans will remember the Dodge Bros. As sponsors of Lyle Shelton's Rare Bear. In fact there were many years that Tony would leave right after the final race on Saturday in Reno to run ( above the speed limit if you did the math) to Sacramento to support his bikes in the mile. To turn around and dash back to Reno for Sundays races!
    I talked to Tony earlier today and congratulated him. Lyle would be proud as well having followed Tony's attempts over the years. Tony was the one that funded Lyle's all brand new crankcase, Crankshaft, Master Rods, Link Rods engine program. Tony also funded finding, having me remove, and sending to Reno the supercharger drive to keep the Bear in the hunt one year. (Once again someone had to travel well over the speed limit to make it happen.)

Good Job Tony! Always a racer
    Last edited by BellCobraIV; 10-18-2013, 01:07 PM.
    John Slack

Re: National Championship slightly off topic but not.

I bet he knows my dad! My father has 19 national wins as as crew chief. One of the top XR750 builders in the 90's up until about 2001. Ask Tony if he knows Dennis Town.

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Bill Kelso View Post
      I bet he knows my dad! My father has 19 national wins as as crew chief. One of the top XR750 builders in the 90's up until about 2001. Ask Tony if he knows Dennis Town.
      Yes! Tony says your dad is a great guy. And the guy when it comes to XRs
      John Slack

Comment

When it comes to engines I ask Kerch then I ask dad. Two different forms of racing and they always have the same opinion.

Comment

Congrats to the Dodge Bros!

Click image for larger version

Name:	brad-baker-dodge-brothers-racing-ama-pro-flat-track-team.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	287.2 KB
ID:	227461

This is a description for the 404 page, this will appear on the meta.description tag.
          Random Air Blog

Comment

Working...
          X