12cyl NXT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 12cyl NXT

Details of GS Engineering diesel 2-stroke engine is attached.

FlyerFinal.pdf

Comment

The end all info source for all the NXT kits is here:

http://myairport.com/forums/109502.aspx

Kit #2 The original Trace Racer is still for sale, last I heard. Kevin had that fuselage at Reno 2 years ago I think it was.

Kit #6 the single seat racer Andy Chiavetta built is still at his shop. Airframe is done, that is where it stopped.

Kit #7 The Panama kit is flying and flying well! Twin Turbo 720 and a super nice guy.
      Unleashed Air Racing

Comment

Originally posted by Samuel View Post
        Wow that is really cool! Did it ever fly or...?
        No, it never flew. It has been stuffed away in a corner at Aviation Classics for several years. I saw it sitting out one evening early during race week when they were shuffling some stuff around.

Comment

So you are telling me there is a chance!
          Random Air Blog

Comment

I heard there might have been some issues getting airworthiness because the engine logs may have had problems. It seems the feds are really cracking down on big horsepower turbines in experimentals. But, I think that got worked out. Then I saw they added the taller vertical Developed by Ron in Panama, and we all know it is going to need that.

I wonder if the gear doors are going to make it past takeoff.. haha Can you say, HOT!
            Unleashed Air Racing

Comment

Originally posted by Dudewanarace View Post
              The end all info source for all the NXT kits is here:

http://myairport.com/forums/109502.aspx

Kit #2 The original Trace Racer is still for sale, last I heard. Kevin had that fuselage at Reno 2 years ago I think it was.

Kit #6 the single seat racer Andy Chiavetta built is still at his shop. Airframe is done, that is where it stopped.

Kit #7 The Panama kit is flying and flying well! Twin Turbo 720 and a super nice guy.
              If I recall correctly, there were two NXTs in Panama - the one that's flying and another that has had some work done, but is a long way from flying. In the recent ad for the project, it had a GTSIO-550 on it with a claimed 700 hp. I wish I'd saved the ad.

In any case, by my count, we're still missing one kit.
              Last edited by FlyKidChris; 10-18-2013, 09:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X