• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now This Is a Flyover

Listen to the crowd - awesome

Re: Now This Is a Flyover

Now see it from my perspective!

49 aircraft all with pink smoke on the wingtips. Keep in mind, we flew for at least 30 min before nailing the time on target! I was just there to dress the formation near the target, then clear. It was, awesome. Bob Mills who also races his RV Super 6 at Reno was in the formation also.
    Unleashed Air Racing

Comment

Thank you, REALLY good video.
      Snidely

Comment

OUTSTANDING !

Comment

Excellent! A job well done to all.

Comment

herding cats is by far easier.

great job ! nice vid .

......and.....

WOW Ma, he has writin' all over that one !
            <nice to now you fly Unleashed for " mundane jobs too ! Great showing at Reno Tom>
            Mayday51
            Jim Gallagher

Comment

Thanks! I have some more video from the event, but prior to the mass join up it looks a little scary if you didn't know what was going on. haha Basically it is a bunch of flights of 4 in tight root formations, all sort of following each other around till the timing gets worked out (about 30 min) then join all the flights and tighten things up.

Flying while reading that chart was tricky. It was color coded by flights of 4, but that didn't match the color of the airplane I wanted to dress. Had to find it on the chart, read the call sign, and call who I wanted. Oh yeah, and don't hit any of the cell towers all around the stadium, or the 2 helicopters and a blimp. Pretty cool and I was excited to be a part of it.
              Unleashed Air Racing

Comment

Working...
              X