The Bear...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Bear...

I'm quite surprised by the number of people willing to write off the Bear as an also-ran. I'm much more in the "Let's just wait and see" camp. This airplane has been dismissed many times before -- the 1980-1986 period comes to mind -- and come back to dominate the in line motors for years. I am a Mustang lover, but I'm also a lover of the Rare Bear, and always will be.

I'm even getting somewhat accustomed to the current paint scheme.

Neal

Re: The Bear...

I like the paint! I wouldn't write her off either. They just had some engine gremlins all week. It sounded like they almost had them worked out by Sunday but it's hard to find problems and extra speed at the same time.

Comment

Still a heavy smoker, though...

Comment

I think what bothers me most about this paint scheme is that big "lozenge" shape behind the exhaust panel. I'd like to see something different done with that area...

Comment

You should've seen it "naked". Solid white paint before the gold was applied with the 3-blade. Wish I had pictures.

Comment

Neal -

You are the reason that as I am reviewing all my photos from this year, my wife frequently hears me exclaim from the home office, "I SUCK AT PHOTOGRAPHY!!"

Great stuff, as always.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Haskin View Post
              Neal -

"I SUCK AT PHOTOGRAPHY!!"

Great stuff, as always.
              Well I don't think I completely suck as a photographer but I'm pretty sure I need different camera gear...

Randy, I've seen some of your photography and it looks pretty good to me.

Neal... Fantastic work as always!
              http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
              http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

Thank you! ...and I can't fly an F-15E, either....

Neal

Comment

Working...
                X