Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[i] 12mp jpg
    Bill Pearce [/B]
    Wow! That would explain why we can see all the way down to the donut crumbs in Voodoo's cockpit... Peas
    Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
    World Speed Record Holder

Comment

Outstanding photos, especially like that first shot with the frontal view of the Big Bossman! Too bad I couldn't attend all days of the event but judging from the view of your shots, you weren't in the Pit area like me cause my 1000mm couldn't get me as close as you did with the 500mm! Not even if I put the 2X on it. Where were you at? Now that I'm moving to Reno, I'll be able to scope it out better next time. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Oh man... I'm giving up all my not-really-a-serect secrets. I was in the pit area for all the shots and I don't think any were taken at the full 500mm. On my Digi cam there is a 1.5 crop factor which means the size of film is 1.5 times the size of the CCD sensor. So, 500mm lens on my camera shoots as if it is a 750mm. Basically the center 2/3 of the 500mm film image is all that you get making it a 750mm. Make sense? Also, these are crops of the originals.

So, you combine the two and I can pretend that I have a 1xxx mm lens.

Besides, it's hard enough handholding a 500mm. Now, if I could get RARA to gimme a press pass, without the intent on publishing, and with all the problems I gave them this year..... I don't think I will be getting one.... EVER.

Thanks for the comments

Bill Pearce
        Bill Pearce

Old Machine Press
        Blue Thunder Air Racing (in memoriam)

Comment

Bill Thank you for all the info! Some of your photos are awsome.
          The big lens I used is a 650-1300mm made by Phoenix. I got it just for my trip to Reno this year, it's nothing special, fixed f8, T-mount but it's what I could afford at the time. It's big about 2' long and kinda heavy, oh and I have some kind of mental problems cuz all my shots are hand held.
          http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
          http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

Originally posted by Marauder61
            oh and I have some kind of mental problems cuz all my shots are hand held.
            It's a balancing act! <g>
            Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
            World Speed Record Holder

Comment

Working...
            X