Aviation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aviation

Going to be in Las Vegas for a few days next weekend, any aviation worthy places to see?

Re: Aviation

Click image for larger version

Name:	Las Vegas, Quartzsite 1-12 019.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	231.8 KB
ID:	227400
    I saw this place on the southern end of the strip..south of the airport. Don't know anything about it. Maybe someone else on here has checked it out.
    Brian

Comment

Originally posted by invader28 View Post
      Going to be in Las Vegas for a few days next weekend, any aviation worthy places to see?
      Nellis! You can do some spotting. I've seen F-15s every time I've visited the Oasis in the desert.

Comment

The "Thunder Birds" still practice so you might get lucky & at least see them either taking off or landing.
        Lockheed Bob

Comment

Originally posted by supercub View Post
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]20233[/ATTACH]
          I saw this place on the southern end of the strip..south of the airport. Don't know anything about it. Maybe someone else on here has checked it out.
          Brian
          This is the GeeBee's Bar and Grill, I have had good meals and resonable prices on beer. Models of pre-war race planes and when openned was attended by the builder/owner of the Bee Gee R2 replica which he flew at air shows.

Comment

How about a trip out to Area 51 to try and see alien aviation....? On the other hand, the the National Atomic Testing Mueseum was as cool as an aviation place I've ever been: http://nationalatomictestingmuseum.org/

Comment

Thanks for the ideas! I was hoping that Nellis had tours but according to there website they don't but will definitely will drive by and see if I can see something interesting. For sure I'll go to the NATM, thanks LOP. Most definitely go to GeeBee's and who know's if the beer's are good just might take a run to A51 except my buddy will probably want to try and run the gate!!.......I think he's related to that Hunter S. Thompson guy!!

Comment

I think the road/street is Cheyenne that will take you to the south end of the runways. Last time I was there was March and we saw the third F-35 delivered to OT. Nice shooting if the wind cooperates. You might check dreamlandresort.com to see the schedule for the "Flag" operations if you are planning a trip to Rachel or any where else on the range.
                Last edited by Reever; 09-26-2013, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by invader28 View Post
                  Thanks for the ideas! I was hoping that Nellis had tours but according to there website they don't but will definitely will drive by and see if I can see something interesting. For sure I'll go to the NATM, thanks LOP. Most definitely go to GeeBee's and who know's if the beer's are good just might take a run to A51 except my buddy will probably want to try and run the gate!!.......I think he's related to that Hunter S. Thompson guy!!
                  There is also a (small) Thunderbirds Museum at Nellis. It is open to the public but you have to make prior arrangements to visit.

Comment

Working...
                  X