Size:	129.0 KB
ID:	227433
    http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
    http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

• Re: Why did Strega's canopy break?

Originally posted by Victor Archer View Post
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]20277[/ATTACH]
      As I learned very early on in my USAF career...

"There is no horse too dead to beat."

Comment

Originally posted by marada mx3 View Post
        What's the over/under in Vegas on how many times this topic will rear its head in different threads? Where's the dead horse emoticon? Good stuff though.
        Dunno but the more, useless (sorry, that's how I see it) comments like yours will continue to keep it on the top of the list so we all can read it again...

Trust me, to the parties involved, ON BOTH SIDES, this ain't no laughing matter. Emotions are still pretty raw all around and again, comments from us railbirds or, as I like to call it.. "dog piling" just don't do anyone any good...

Like I've asked in the past on this one, please, let the players play out the drama without comments from the gallery.

Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
          Dunno but the more, useless (sorry, that's how I see it) comments like yours will continue to keep it on the top of the list so we all can read it again...

Trust me, to the parties involved, ON BOTH SIDES, this ain't no laughing matter. Emotions are still pretty raw all around and again, comments from us railbirds or, as I like to call it.. "dog piling" just don't do anyone any good...

Like I've asked in the past on this one, please, let the players play out the drama without comments from the gallery.

My apologies to all. Edited to keep the peace and for the betterment of the common good.
          Last edited by Big_Jim; 10-11-2013, 07:55 PM.

Comment

Brad, please show me an example of this "double standard".
            Wayne Sagar
            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

*bump*
              Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Jim View Post
                This line of reasoning would be easier to swallow if this were the first time in the history of any kind of racing that a crew has been dismissed and replaced by an owner. But it's not. It happens all the time. I been there and done that...more than once. And while it's no fun, and it's a blow to the ego, you just move on...because it's not your fight anymore.
                You are showing your ignorance of this particular situation. It involves much more than ego, it's reputations that are at stake. Bullshirt was spread, fostered by respected members of the community who, for whatever reason, bought into the "spin"... furthering the "big lie" method of, tell a lie enough times, get others to go along with it and suddenly, it becomes some twisted sort of truth, hell, the history of the world is full of this sort of thing! What you read and what really happened, often are completely at odds with each other.

I, for one, think that TRUTH is just about the most important thing in the world. Go ahead and write the history of Air Racing according to Brad Haskin regarding this chapter too Brad.. You've gotten other chapters wrong as well in the past.

Originally posted by Big_Jim View Post
                And Wayne, while I understand you have ties to the players, if this were any other sacred cow you would either delete it or tell us to take it off-site and hash it out in private. I think that is the primary reason that us 'railbirds' keep raising the flag. It's a double-standard that you keep using your webmaster powers to foster. If you want the masses to understand why you think it's a good idea to let the issue be played out in public, maybe you could enlighten us on your perspective? Please?
                OK NOW this part really gets my goat.. So, you, someone who was not there on the particular day that has wound up being so historically inaccurately reported by others who were not there, are now an expert on not only how it happened but why it's happening. It's just the players egos and the disgruntled employee syndrome..

The only thing that my "ties" to the players afforded me was a front row seat with both sides of the issue.. or, should I say, three sides of the issue? There's another player who has a personal interest in "tying" himself in with the "other" side... that threw his view into this mess and further muddied the water.. I only happen to own the place where the discussions were being made public and so, was approached by all involved... only one, he knows who he is, tried to scare me with the potential legal repercussions involved with allowing the story to be told on the site..

So yea, Brad, you got the story right, once again.. you got the inside line, you got the info, now paint the picture, write the history.... according to... you..

I've already explained more to you than I even come close to owing you...

Where's the "shakes his head in disbelief" smilie????
                Wayne Sagar
                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post

The title of THIS thread is "Why did Strega's canopy break?" Kinda expected to read about Strega's canopy, for some odd reason.?? My comments are as useless as any comments that aren't related to Strega's canopy..... in THIS thread. As Big Jim stated, you can use your webmaster powers as you wish. But this thread was allowed to drift into the Rare Bear saga, just like some other threads have done - which was the observation I made. Why not keep all the Rare Bear drama in it's own thread? Could you not use your webmaster powers to make this happen? Otherwise, all threads should be titled with a slash mark, like "Why did Strega's canopy break / Rare Bear drama", so we know what to expect.
                  Thanks Wayne!

Comment

WOW............I never knew a canopy breaking could be so involved
                    Brian

Comment

I came for broken plexi, stayed for Drama Bear

Comment

Dont you guys/gals know the REASON Strega's canopy broke was BECAUSE of the Rare Bear drama....duh
                        "CHARLIE DON'T SURF!!!"

Comment

Hey,
                          Lets move on to the real drama. Fixing the broken thing and having it in the air friday morning around 7AM! I am not even going to think about the crap I would get if I misquoted the time it lifted off the ground! Lets see, what about when the gear doors closed?

A lot of the BS on this site would go away if the crews just went home everytime something went wrong.
                          There is an old saying about people who make major issues out of minor issues.
                          I personaly like the one "those that can do and those that can't hire out as critics".

How about we all get together next September and do it all over again. If nothing goes wrong with either 7 or 5 we will have a race and a winner and the "first looser" (thanks to Matt's son for that term). Then some of you can do a repeat of all the above.
                          Or Not
                          MN

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE NIXON View Post
                            How about we all get together next September and do it all over again.
                            Best quote in the entire thread!

Comment

I am not even going to think about the crap I would get if I misquoted the time it lifted off the ground! Lets see, what about when the gear doors closed?
                              Or what color the inside of those gear doors are... One of the reasons I have never posted much of my art on these aviation sites is the rivet counting (and I am just as guilty of it), getting beaten up because you have the wrong antenna shape for THAT particular model or year, or one too many fasteners in a row of 50. Keeps ya honest but...
                              Strega getting back into the mix after the canopy break, the hard work I know it took, the drama, was one of the highlights of the races.
                              Last edited by Leo; 10-23-2013, 08:20 AM. Reason: spelling
                              Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                              airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                              thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE NIXON View Post
                                How about we all get together next September and do it all over again.
                                MN
                                I'm down for that Papa Nixon

Comment

Working...
                                X