Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Differences Strega - Voodoo

Originally posted by Gibbs View Post
    Many thanks to all you guys for talking about the "secrets from behind the scenes" - I'm every time learning more!

Does anybody know something about this:
    a decade ago or so I remember on race Merlin photos (Sparrow?, Mystery Ayre?) with a lot of bracketry and tie rods for keeping crankcase together under high power settings, nose case brackets etc.
    Are this stuff still in use and if not - why?

Gibbs
    Without a quick peek into the engine compartment of each racer, I really can't say whether it's still being used or not, but all that bracing was about adding structural integrity under VERY high power/torque applications. I know Dwight used it on his Mystery Aire Mouse motors, and Sparrow used it in every Allison rod motor from 2004-2010 (RRIII and Dago). It's actually a pretty tricky setup, requiring a considerable amount of machine prep on the case. There's also other stuff going on inside that you can't see... top secret shizzle, ya know. It's also quite expensive to have all that bracing custom fabbed, definitely not a trivial consideration.

Anyway, I'm sure Matt can speak for Strega, and Mike Luvara for Voodoo. I'd be interested to know as well.

SA

Comment

Working...
    X