The future of Voodoo and Strega

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The future of Voodoo and Strega

Anyone hear any word on what Tiger and Bob's plans for the future of their aircraft might be?
    '71 S.D.1000, '85-'91,'94',95,'97-'99,'02,'04,'06,'08,'10,'13,'14 NCAR.

Re: The future of Voodoo and Strega

Hope to see both aircraft back, Would be an epic race if they started 1&2!!

Comment

On the local news they did a story on Steve winning and he said he was already going to start training for next year. That sounded positive to me.

Comment

Originally posted by doubleup View Post
        On the local news they did a story on Steve winning and he said he was already going to start training for next year. That sounded positive to me.
        He might as well fly the Bear next year........they might find the HP by then. He's probably tired of winning in Mustangs by now.

Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by FuryFan View Post
          He might as well fly the Bear next year........they might find the HP by then. He's probably tired of winning in Mustangs by now.

Kevin
          No, they need to get Dago back together and him in the seat :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Desertdawg View Post
            No, they need to get Dago back together and him in the seat :-)

Nobody would ever beat that combo!

Comment

Originally posted by grampi View Post
              Nobody would ever beat that combo!
              I would beg to differ, Grampi.

The people who made Dago go as fast as 'you' seem to remember are a good portion of the people who are now making Voodoo go fast. If you could put Dago back together in 2003 form, you'd still have to get someone to twist wrenches and fly it.

A fast airplane with a crew that doesn't know how to exploit that 'fast' isn't as fast as you'd think.

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Jim View Post

The people who made Dago go as fast as 'you' seem to remember are a good portion of the people who are now making Voodoo go fast. If you could put Dago back together in 2003 form, you'd still have to get someone to twist wrenches and fly it.

A fast airplane with a crew that doesn't know how to exploit that 'fast' isn't as fast as you'd think.
                I can think of a current plane that fits that scenario.....

People asked me who I was rooting for this year and my answer was and will always be Kerch. He knows how to put a team together go fast and make it to the end on Sunday.

Comment

Oh shoot... I read this and almost thought I had to move the message over to the missing bear horsepower thread...
                  Wayne Sagar
                  "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
                    Oh shoot... I read this and almost thought I had to move the message over to the missing bear horsepower thread...
                    I wasn't gonna touch that, but......read into it what you will. It's a pretty applicable statement all around.

Comment

Good question. A year ago, VooDoo was for sale and Strega was retired. As it turned out, it all came together for all of us to see one heck of a race. But after the party's over, is the status still the same? Does a prospective buyer get VooDoo or VooDoo and the "crew option" package? Is Strega retired or is she gonna come back to claim one more crown?

Bottom line: aside from the canopy snafu, wasn't this a GREAT,SAFE and EXCITING race? Loved it.

Comment

I hope Mr. Button puts together another video for the Voodoo website like he used to do. His enthusiasm *has* to have gotten a boost! I could see where the frustration would be terrible after all those years of freak problems and near-misses.

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Cat View Post
                          I can think of a current plane that fits that scenario.....

People asked me who I was rooting for this year and my answer was and will always be Kerch. He knows how to put a team together go fast and make it to the end on Sunday.
                          Even if for some hypothetical reason I wasn't actually rooting for Kerch, I'd still be BETTING on him!

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Cat View Post

There ya go! Got a brief chance to talk with the man; amazing guy. Steveo's really good, but look at Bill's record and winners he's had his hands on. I said Steveo could probably win with a Wright Flyer. Kerch could take one of those Red Bull Flugtag contraptions and win with it.

Comment

True...as is the case with the Bear, but you gotta admit, Dago was DAMN fast!

Comment

Working...
                              X