Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What happened to Strega?

I don't get all the secrecy here.

Most of us have all heard the rumor that Matt did not close the canopy correctly and the pressure of 500mph+ coming downhill ripped the canopy glass out of the frame. Thank God the canopy frame assembly did not come off with it (regardless of the reason) or there could have been an entirely different outcome.

This is the rumor going around, let's face it, most of us have heard it and now Matt himself has had time to post his first hand experience about it and clear up any confusion.

I think conjecture is part of the game and people should not get so bent out of shape about it.

Rumors always go around when something happens and its my opinion that it's best to clarify what they are and address them.

There..... I hope I clarified what the rumor is and Matt's first hand account of what happened certainly addresses it.

JC

Comment

Re: What happened to Strega?

OK, to clear up my earlier comment.
      The conversation I heard was in the realm of "ribbing".
      Someone asked Steve Jr. if the Voodoo team was going to loan Strega a spare canopy. His reply was "as soon as Matt learns to cinch up his straps". Said with a laugh and I took it as that, bagging on a fellow pilot for fun, NOT as the reason (though I thought, possible as I've hit and damaged one because of just that issue). This was as Strega was being towed in, Matt and Strega were OK and no harm done by a little kidding.
      Laughed my ass off, mainly because nobody was hurt and in the situation...

I have no idea why it happened. Matt, have they figured out just what DID happen? Please enlighten us oh guru!
      Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
      airplanenutleo@gmail.com
      thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Working...
      X