Miss Van Nuys Lightning Strike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miss Van Nuys Lightning Strike

I heard a rumor that Miss Van Nuys was struck by lighting while on the ramp during the storm Saturday afternoon/evening, and that someone actually got a picture of the strike.

Anyone else hear that and/or see the alleged picture?

Danno

Re: Miss Van Nuys Lightning Strike

I was on the ramp huddled under Voodoo during that storm. I did not see any lightning strikes in the immediate vicinity.

Comment

I was shooting pics Saturday night and saw no evidence of anything being struck by lighting.

Will

Comment

I talked to the pilot for 20 minutes Sunday morning as they were wiping the plane down. Nothing was mentioned about it.

Comment

So bummed I was not able to make it this year! Who was the pilot for Miss Van Nuys? Love that plane! Its history! Of course the color and Snoopy!! Maybe this well be the start of seeing it out and about more? I know Clay has many planes to choose from to bring to air show and events but that one has to get a lot of requests!
          Last edited by eallen; 09-17-2013, 12:46 PM.

Comment

The "viral" photo of the Sat evening photoshoot with Lacy's Mustang, IIRC, has two lightning bolts that appear to land on/near the airplane, but to the best of my knowledge, it is optical illusion; I did not hear of a strike on the airplane, nor did I see any evidence of it on the airplane Sunday.

If this were Snopes, it would say "Real photo, inaccurate description."

Comment

The picture is posted on one of the Facebook threads. It's actually quite impressive....including the rainbow in the frame.

Comment

If this was struck by lightning, I'd think there'd have been a mark on it. I shot this saturday night.

Will

Comment

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Try this link. Keith Braezael photo.

Comment

Wow, that was both a very cool and very lucky shot. I was headed out in that direction just as it started to pour. I have to admit, I'd love a copy of that in poster size.

Will

Comment

Just goes to prove that "Thunder Over Reno" had it right the first time...

Comment

You had to go there didn't you Hacker. I'm surprised it took this long!

Comment

Thanks Wayne and Brad. I figured if it was true, someone would have info on it.

Pretty impressive!

Danno

Comment

Originally posted by Danno View Post
                            Thanks Wayne and Brad.
                            Is there actually another one of us named Wayne here? I've seen several references with my name and can't find the post behind it... (us Wayne's like to stick together )
                            Wayne Sagar
                            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Wayne, that's funny. I could swear that you made a comment about the picture, and then Brad posted the link. I guess I'm still recovering from my 1,500 mile drive to Reno and back, and sleeping poorly in a trailer for a week.

At least I can say thanks a BUNCH for running this board that we can all exchange information on, and get our Reno fix for 11 months and 3 weeks a year.

Danno

Comment

Working...
                              X