Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Unlimited Gold Results - Saturday

Default Re: Unlimited Gold Results - Saturday

You don't sand bag yourself into a corner so you can pass more planes tomorrow.

Hoot had 232 honkin' the first few laps, what a beautiful line he flies! Bummed when he pulled up as I love the big Sea Fury. BTW -- why did the announcers insist on calling 232 "September Fury"? Enough with the Bear sandbagging talk -- the Bear can't run consistent laps in the 480s anymore, yet alone a 505! Nice race by Thom!

The whole tailwheel issue is really to test the JATO deployment mentioned about a month ago. Afterall, he probably is gonna need it to pass Voodoo. Darn good job by Smooter Scooter.
    John

Loves airplanes and runs freight trains.

Details, Details, Details.......

In the early 90's the bear had limited funding and an enthusiastic crew, and was at least competitive. Deep pockets can't subsitute for a cohesive group.

Cool Re: Unlimited Gold Results - Saturday

it's gonna be a good race tomorrow...............

Any news on the health of 232?

As a V12 fan (Red then Purple) I was worried about 232 as the only real threat.

He was flying such a stunning line until he pulled up.

I hope for their sake they're there tomorrow, also looking forward to hearing how bad she's wounded.

Don

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Adkins View Post
    Any news on the health of 232?
    They are done. Even if the engine isn't hurt there is way too much damage to repair it before tomorrow's final.

Maybe Sept. Fury deserves to be under the tent! Anybody with me on this? I hope the Rare Bear team proves me wrong tomorrow but smart money is not riding on her to set the pace. She looks real pretty and her pit has nice looking tool boxes but.....can she give Voodoo and Strega a run for their money? And then there is the pilot question. Some AAFOers are all jacked up seeing John Penney flying # 77. Who are the top 10 racing pilots of all time? Lyle, Tiger, Penney, Steve Jr,....... Based on flying a great line, trimming out the plane for max speed on the level and in high g turns, in passing and keeping cool under pressure.

For pure awesomeness on all counts it would be tossup between Lyle, Skip and Tiger. If you wanted to look at all time Darryl would have a commanding lead.