Is our favorite announcer gone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is our favorite announcer gone?

Not hearing the usual stumbling old annoying delivery here. Guy on mic sounds smoother.

Re: Is our favorite announcer gone?

Yep, the "old" guy retired. The "new" guy Danny is a lot smoother & knowledgeable. Now, if we can "retire" Mr. "Bad Boys of Air Racing".........

Comment

This guy is very good, like Brian Gerrold, son of Gary. Brian does many sprint car races and is the best. This is a great change !

Comment

Originally posted by John H View Post
        This guy is very good, like Brian Gerrold, son of Gary. Brian does many sprint car races and is the best. This is a great change !
        UUUmmm, You mean Bobby Gerrold........He is the best but we also have Troy Hennig out here on the West Coast also, and he's pretty damn good too! They're best of friends. And East Coast Fan, Danny IS actually the "old" guy, FKS replaced him years ago........
        Last edited by t-dub; 09-13-2013, 04:56 PM.
        "Racefuel, It's not just for breakfast anymore!" http://www.twracefotos.net

Comment

Arghh yea bobby. Haven't been to a race this year and on 2 hrs sleep. Thanks for that !

Comment

Yes, for the record it's a relief to not hear FKS ( is that a swear word abbreviated ?) anymore. It's still a crime that Sandy Sanders is gone for good.

Comment

Yes, for the record it's a relief to not hear FKS ( is that a swear word abbreviated ?) anymore. It's still a crime that Sandy Sanders is gone for good.
              Yeah, I hear ya. No sprint car races in a while? Sat. night the "King of the West" 410's are racing in Fernley. Tim Kaeding is making his Fernley debut( has won 9 WoO races this year) along with Jon Allard, Kyle Hirst, Willie Croft, Rico Abreu and Bobby McMahan (WoO regular Paul McMahan's bro). It's gonna be epic! And to top it off, Dan Simpson is jumping (yes jumping) his sprint car over the water truck ala Evel Knevel! Come out and make it an AWESOME weekend!

Comment

GTFO! you gonna be there T DUB ? gotta film it for us!
                The Low Pass Kid...

Comment

Originally posted by lowpasskid View Post
                  GTFO! you gonna be there T DUB ? gotta film it for us!
                  The Low Pass Kid...
                  You betcha! Will post photos Sunday. After the air races of course.......
                  Last edited by t-dub; 09-13-2013, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Ouch, this kind of post always makes me cringe.. I've known "FKS" "professionally" via our mutual involvement with the air races over the years... He has always been a gentleman and treated me and everyone I saw him deal with in a very nice way.

I thought his cool under fire after Jimmy's accident to be pretty damn admirable.

Because the Internet has brought us from where as a fan, we're just chatting amongst ourselves about what we might dislike.. we're in an era now where, it's pretty likely, "FKS" himself reads what is written about him on this or other forums/facebook/whatever.

The Internet, has allowed this board and others, to help close the gap between participant and fan, if you hang around after hours, you'll see this in the pits, everyone knows everyone.. fan, racer mechanic, it's all a bunch of folks who gather in this place every year. The net has sort of opened up this gathering to just about anyone with a computer.

Guess what I'm saying is... whenever you type something on the Internet, it's probably a good thing if you imagine the person you're writing about is in the room with you.. Because, literally, they are...

Wayne Sagar
                    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by t-dub View Post
                      Yeah, I hear ya. No sprint car races in a while? Sat. night the "King of the West" 410's are racing in Fernley. Tim Kaeding is making his Fernley debut( has won 9 WoO races this year) along with Jon Allard, Kyle Hirst, Willie Croft, Rico Abreu and Bobby McMahan (WoO regular Paul McMahan's bro). It's gonna be epic! And to top it off, Dan Simpson is jumping (yes jumping) his sprint car over the water truck ala Evel Knevel! Come out and make it an AWESOME weekend!
                      What time are the getting started Sat. night? I may have to drive over there. Nothing like a good sprint car race.

Comment

Originally posted by Race5 View Post
                        What time are the getting started Sat. night? I may have to drive over there. Nothing like a good sprint car race.
                        Race5, according to the Kings of The West website gates open for fans at 1500, cars hit the track at 1800, races begin at 1900. Adult ticket $25.

Thanks for the heads up t-dub, I didn't know about the Fernley track. I grew up watching Sprints in Dallas at the Devil's Bowl Speedway. I'll ride over tomorrow straight from Stead.

Comment

Thankfully my band business ( keys with 5 bands) has been off the charts this and last year. I'm booked through November , with few to no weekend days off. I will miss the Tulare trophy race in October, and Bobby announcing there . Been to that in 2012 and 11. Hopefully I can get to Perris for the end of year race. Highlight of my racing karts was beating Kyle Larson to win my heat race and get into the Ercse Classic for the fourth time. It's Kyle 3 me one in that event .

Comment

Here you go guys........Click image for larger version

Name:	webKWS433.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	384.2 KB
ID:	227343

Comment

Video.......https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater
                              Last edited by t-dub; 09-15-2013, 08:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X