Unlimited Silver Results?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Unlimited Silver Results?

I need help here guys, to clarify something. Why would RARA, the Reno Air Racing Association, want to kill the air races? I did drink a lot today but that sounds ridiculous. Maybe it's me...
    "CHARLIE DON'T SURF!!!"

Comment

I think FAA is trying to kill pylon racing is more like it. And they are half way there.

GP

Comment

The FAA had nothing to do with giving the entire Purse to #1, #2 and #3.

Everyone else there is racing for $6,500 each.

JC

Comment

Originally posted by Bill@Interstell View Post
          Why are they picking on Matt for safe flying? Moving the show line in toward the pylons while also lowering the max altitude to 250' around 7 and 8 is just plain stupid. It's not safer. In fact it's more dangerous. RARA is going to kill this sport.
          To be fair, these are not decisions being made by RARA. They are only following the directions of the NTSB and FAA.. both of whom have many representatives here at the races this year.
          Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
            To be fair, these are not decisions being made by RARA. They are only following the directions of the NTSB and FAA.. both of whom have many representatives here at the races this year.
            Was this not one of the primary concerns voiced by the real Unlimited Class? Being DQ'd when stuck between a rock and a hard place and taking the right and safe choice seems like a poor situation.

As for the purse, that also seems like a poor choice - will eventually only see fields of 3 or 4.

'Gimp
            sigpic
            1987 Yakovlev Yak-52
            Comm-Instr, High-Perf/Complex, TW

Comment

Originally posted by JCP View Post

JC
              And who made that decision? I thought each class decided how to split the purse. Isn't Tiger the president of the UWRC?
              Sky Critter

Comment

Originally posted by JCP View Post

JC
                Are these real numbers? I am curious what your fuel bill for the weekend is.
                Random Air Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Sky Critter View Post
                  And who made that decision? I thought each class decided how to split the purse. Isn't Tiger the president of the UWRC?
                  The Unlimited Division (RIP) was a separate entity independent from RARA and we (UD) advocated for our own well being and controlled the Purse distribution.

The UWRC is a division that is run by RARA. They make up the rules and purse distribution.

That's why there were only 14 planes that showed up. It wasn't that long ago when you had to actually out qualify other airplanes to even make it in the 27 airplane field.

JC

Comment

Working...
                  X