Unlimited Silver Results?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unlimited Silver Results?

airrace.org is not updated yet and I missed the live video feed.

thanks.

Re: Unlimited Silver Results?

Matt got to the front quick, turned at least one lap at 465+, Sawbones second. Heard interview with Matt on the live video feed, possible DQ due to deadline cut, said two planes pushed him wide when overtaking.

Comment

Sure sounded good!
      Random Air Blog

Comment

Had a west show line cut on lap 1.

Comment

One more shot to get into gold ? What about miss america does she inherit the win and move up?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin L View Post
            Had a west show line cut on lap 1.
            I was on West Deadline. There was no cut if they are following the new Deadline that overflies the fencline and culdesac on placerville.
            "Lighten Up Francis....."

Comment

Official Results

Comment

There was no deadline violation there. Boomtown is right. I was right next to him. We were both on the deadline. While it was close, it was clean. What's right is right.
                You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

In fact I have video that shows he did not cross the Fenceline. The debate seems to be about where the "show-line" is. They were going to move it in away from the fence 500'. Then we heard 450. If it is where they have positioned the contest committee vehicles all week then all but 2 jets have crossed the line. I haven't heard of any cuts in the jet class.

Why are they picking on Matt for safe flying? Moving the show line in toward the pylons while also lowering the max altitude to 250' around 7 and 8 is just plain stupid. It's not safer. In fact it's more dangerous. RARA is going to kill this sport.

The people of the Fenceline bought that land in order to get as close to the action as possible. They are fully aware of and accept the risks involved.

Let em race!
                  Bill Garnett
                  InterstellarDust
                  Air Race Fanatic since 1965

Comment

RARA wants to kill this sport. I heard in the pits, that the old guys with the FAA are retiring and the new guys are not that sympathetic to the old warbirds. Hope this is not true! Hope the new FAA guys are fans as well but if not, look out. You need a racers mentality to oversee a racing event. If we get non racers that have no appetite for risk/danger which is part of racing then we are in trouble. I could see RARA wanting to eliminate pylon racing. The insurance premiums are killing them. Hopefully this is just a rumor too. Instead of looking for cost reductions, why not look for more revenue. Do a better job of communicating the media that is covering the event. How many people are aware of the LiveAirRacing feed? Reno should have welcome race fans banners at hotels and restaurants around town. Discounts for wristbands!

Comment

Why in the world would RARA want to kill pylon racing?!

Comment

money

Comment

Originally posted by mrcraigarcher View Post
                          Why in the world would RARA want to kill pylon racing?!
                          Not sure, but they are doing a damn good job of it.

Comment

So next you'll tell me Chevy wants to kill the automotive industry, Dell wants to kill the PC industry, and Boeing wants to kill the airline industry.

Yep, I think you're on to something.

Comment

RARA is a non-profit that operates at a net loss. How would killing pylon racing make them money?
                              "Lighten Up Francis....."

Comment

Working...
                              X