Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Any word on Strega?

Originally posted by LoveOldPlanes View Post
    Was out on the East Pylon during Unlimited Silver. Strega certainly bought it to the rest of the field. Saw a good number of passes on the far back side of the course at 1.5 laps into the race. It certainly made clear the huge amount of difference between Gold and Silver for Unlimiteds to me. I was shaking and short of breathe for some time after the Race from the experience of being out there taking photos. Had the great honor of being around some of the most amazing photographers out there.
    That really brought on a big smile.... I think the most amazing a dramatic "first time" experience a person can have at Reno is their very first race standing under a Pylon during a gold race! I've been lucky enough to be out there twice during the Gold (around 1989 and 1992 I think) on Sunday at Pylon 9. UNBELIEVABLE is the only word to describe the energy of these planes roaring over your head. The only adrenaline rush I ever felt that matched that first time experience at Reno was my very first race coming down the shoot and thinking "holy sh*#... Im actually finally doing this, don 't fu*#-up!"

It certainly gives you a sincere appreciation for the incredible shots that our favorite photographers are able to capture!

Go Voodoo and MVP!!!!!!!
    JC

Comment

so is strega racing today?

Comment

Yes. In the Silver Heat. If he wins, he bumps up to Gold Final on Sunday back of the pack. If he doesn't, he will have an opportunity to race in the Sunday Silver Heat and bump to the Gold Final. 2 chances to make the Gold Final.
        "Lighten Up Francis....."

Comment

Working...
        X