Streaga out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Streaga out?

So, it would seem 232 and Strega share the same canopy mold?

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
      He was coming down the chute REALLY spooled up, sounded like he was going to be VERY fast.. then there was a very muffled pop and he came off the power, I wasn't sure that I'd actually heard anything but was very worried that the motor had done something bad... there was no smoke and he didn't make a desperate dash to get it down... Guy has ice water for blood I think..

Or he just wanted to feel the Reno breeze on his face for a couple minutes before putting her down!
      Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Here is what it looked like on Sunday afternoon.

Comment

Sneeze softer next time.
          John

Loves airplanes and runs freight trains.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisMX105 View Post
            Mr Jackson has a giant pair of clackers. Its a wonder they don't interfere with the stick. Damn glad to hear he is unharmed.
            LMFAO! I just spewed beer out of my nose! Thanks!
            "Racefuel, It's not just for breakfast anymore!" http://www.twracefotos.net

Comment

Originally posted by ArmyMP View Post
              Sneeze softer next time.
              damnit... warn me first.. beer out the nose does not feel very good!!!
              Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Talked with Matt, the only "stuff" that departed the airplane was plexiglass. Apparantly, the Sanders' have a replacement piece in stock! Matt said that they were on the way down to get it, they would mount it to the original frame and get it done tomorrow...

No word on HOW it happened, but I heard it come off, told Matt, I heard it... his response was kind of humorous.. he said I heard it too!! MUCH emphasis on what he said!!

Cool customer though... he seemed completely nonplussed!

Is there any other place in the world where you can be a part of something so exciting as this???

NO!
                I warned yous guys what wuz gonna happen if you stuffed a 14" head in a 12" canopy, remember?
                Seriously, though, Thank GOD that Matt is O.K.
                I wish him the best, He has waited sooo long for this.

Comment

damnit... warn me first.. beer out the nose does not feel very good!!!
                  Don't you just LOVE the Drama?

Boss

Comment

It is far from an exact fit. They have a long night and huge arts and crafts project to do to get that thing to fit.

Comment

Originally posted by T. Adams View Post
                      It is far from an exact fit. They have a long night and huge arts and crafts project to do to get that thing to fit.
                      You out there? Photos? I got the impression that they had access to one of, maybe, several plexi's that had been made off the canopy mold. Voodoo's is from the same one... did you see the new one tonight?
                      Wayne Sagar
                      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by toldjaso View Post
                        I warned yous guys what wuz gonna happen if you stuffed a 14" head in a 12" canopy.
                        Crap.. OK.. I'll own this. I should never have given Matt one of those damn AAFO.COM hats..
                        Wayne Sagar
                        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Next time you see Skip Holm, ask him about the time he got his head jammed sideways in the canopy when he looked over his shoulder, and had to release the controls to reach up and pull it loose...

Comment

You out there? Photos? I got the impression that they had access to one of, maybe, several plexi's that had been made off the canopy mold. Voodoo's is from the same one... did you see the new one tonight?
                            No two are exactly alike and there will be slight differrnces thst make a huge difference. These are not production canopies held to quality standards.

Michael

Comment

Heres a close-up I took Sunday

Comment

Fingers crossed that all went well and they are now wiping fingerprints off the freshly installed one.

Comment

Working...
                                X