Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cal Worthington Race a T-6 back in the day....seems to me he did..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cal Worthington Race a T-6 back in the day....seems to me he did..

Cant find anything online anywhere, but I thought he had a t-6 that he raced at Reno back in the day... He just passed and I was thinking he had one....
    Here's his Obit.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/...45a_story.html
    Randy Rheinschild
    www.Unlimitedair.com

Re: Cal Worthington Race a T-6 back in the day....seems to me he did..

Mr. Worthington was a huge supporter of aviation and agriculture here in Northeastern Nevada. He used to own one of the local large ranches and had a nice dirt strip there on the ranch and a huge hangar here in Elko.

He had a great commercial for his auto dealerships where he was strapped to the top wing of a Stearman while it rolls inverted

Blue skies and tailwinds!!

Comment

Cal Worthington did race a T-6. It was appropriately named "Spot". He was also a B-17 pilot in WWII.

RIP Cal.

Pittsflyr
      Last edited by Pittsflyr; 09-09-2013, 07:03 PM.

Comment

Blue Skies "Cal". Thanks for the Memories.
        Lockheed Bob

Comment

Mojave '74 and '75 I think. it was a Condor airplane.
          Chris...

Comment

Cal Worthington flew a Condor Squadron T-6 named "Spot" in the drag races at Mojave in 1975. To the best of my knowledge, he never competed in a class T-6 race. There is a picture in the 1976 Kinert annual of "Spot" with F-1 #9 "Proud Bird" in one of the drag races. Fred Wofford "battled" with Cal back and forth, with Cal taking the win (of course).

Comment

He used to show up now and then at the gliderport in Vacaville. Passed him on the ridges a few times. Nice guy, blue skies!
              Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
              airplanenutleo@gmail.com
              thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Working...
              X