Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CLAY LACY'S MUSTANG WILL BE AT RENO

Originally posted by Race 29 View Post
    As I was leaving Stead today, I saw a Zero and a Mustang landing. I assume that's the CAF's Zero. Is this the first time a Zero has been to Reno? I don't remember one being there in the 33 years I've attended.

Race 29
    Hummn... shouldn't both of us be in bed by now? I remember in '79, my first year, there were, at least some "fake" zero's. I also remember that one of the pyros sent off a bit of frag and someone, a long way off, got nicked.. Damn playing with fire is fun....
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Snoopy back where she should be.........in her natural habitat.

Comment

I look forward to seeing Mr Lacy's Mustang. I didn't know it was even still around until it was mentioned here. Its cool to see its come out. Perhaps it will be seen more often now that its flying again.

Will
        Last edited by RAD2LTR; 09-11-2013, 08:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigger Al
          She did the same thing at an airshow in Lincoln, CA a few years back. I must admit that it was a spectacular way to end the day.
          I just edited that thinking it was taking things way too far off topic. You are fast, it wasn't up for more than a minute.

Yeah it was an interesting way to end the day. Cal Fire didn't want to come out and do a demonstration, but they had to to keep the place from totally burning to the ground. We had the whole nine yards out, onsite fire trucks, a small helicopter dropping water (not nearly enough) then the air tankers went out, then we got the Boggs Mtn Helitack guys. There were 3 different fires at the same time. I have to say it was kinda cool being able to shoot pics of an air attack. I've never had the opportunity for that one. The fire at the end of the runway was getting big when they launched the tanker.

She also set Travis AFB on fire last year or the year before. They just used fire trucks for that one.

Will

Comment

Working...
          X