What Became Of The Return Of Tsunami?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Became Of The Return Of Tsunami?

hey guys.back in 2010 there was word that tsunami was being restored to racing form.anyone know what happened to this project?

Re: What Became Of The Return Of Tsunami?

Some info here...The image gallery has some of the rebuild progress photos...LONG way to go

Last edited by johnnyrace; 09-05-2013, 05:04 PM.

Comment

Looks to me like they have no money. $146 of $600K according to the donate button on the page. I bought a shirt from them in 2010, but it looks like donations are a bit lacking. I'd love to see Tsunami back on the flightline. It was so close to being "right" when it was lost.

Hopefully one day it will return.

Will

Comment

ok,thx.I thoiught that might be the reason.

Comment

I would hazard a guess that starting from scratch would be preferable to putting pieces back together, The pictures of the wreckage that I have seen are pretty ugly.
          The 600k goal I am am assuming does not include an engine as that would consume around half of the funds.

I wish them the best but without a huge influx of neverending cash it's going to be a rough road.

Comment

Riding on the tractor one day we went by the Tsunami booth and both JRS grandsons were outside the booth looking up at an aerobatic act. It was an eerie experience , like seeing John again and the family resemblance was amazing .

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisMX105 View Post
              I would hazard a guess that starting from scratch would be preferable to putting pieces back together, The pictures of the wreckage that I have seen are pretty ugly.
              The 600k goal I am am assuming does not include an engine as that would consume around half of the funds.

I wish them the best but without a huge influx of neverending cash it's going to be a rough road.

They can't start from scratch. The contract, which was signed by both Jack Sandberg and Bruce Boland is still being enforced by the Boland family even though the primaries are gone. That contract said that only one aircraft would ever be built. So if they want Tsunami to fly, they have to rebuild what is left.

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Jim View Post
                They can't start from scratch. The contract, which was signed by both Jack Sandberg and Bruce Boland is still being enforced by the Boland family even though the primaries are gone. That contract said that only one aircraft would ever be built. So if they want Tsunami to fly, they have to rebuild what is left.
                Did Tsunami have any sort of Data Plate? Wink-Wink.
                "And if they stare, just let them burn their eyes on your moving."

Comment

These are the latest pictures I have seen; http://www.aafo.com/hangartalk/showt...rebuild-update

Does anyone know if they intend to race it once completed?
                  Random Air Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Samuel View Post
                    These are the latest pictures I have seen; http://www.aafo.com/hangartalk/showt...rebuild-update

Does anyone know if they intend to race it once completed?

I read in a very early post where one of the children stated they were only allowed to rebuild it if it was agreed it would never be raced. I cannot find where I read that now but this article seems to indicate they only plan to restore it and place it in a museum.

Comment

Originally posted by bflynt View Post
                      I read in a very early post where one of the children stated they were only allowed to rebuild it if it was agreed it would never be raced. I cannot find where I read that now but this article seems to indicate they only plan to restore it and place it in a museum.
                      For some reason your link isn't working. That was kind of the same impression I got from what I have read. The Tsunami that crashed also wasn't the same Tsunami that was built from the plans. It was modified.
                      Last edited by Samuel; 11-11-2013, 09:27 AM.
                      Random Air Blog

Comment

I was checking out www.rebuildtsunami.org and the website says they intend to fly her when they get her ready
                        race fan, photographer with more cameras than a camera store

Comment

Originally posted by Samuel View Post
                          For some reason your link isn't working. That was kind of the same impression I got from what I have read. The Tsunami that crashed also wasn't the same Tsunami that was built from the plans. It was modified.
                          Sorry, I tested the link and it worked but once posted it didn't. Here is the full path:

http://www.aero-news.net/index.cfm?d...7-eb634e7b1dcf

In short:
                          Sandberg, "and I have vowed that, with help of the aviation and air racing communities, we will see Tsunami fly again. Once that happens, Tsunami will take its rightful place along with other important airplanes in a museum."

Comment

Working...
                          X