Precious Metals Current Situation...Hope They Make It

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Precious Metals Current Situation...Hope They Make It

Or Midland. Radar is showing precip in all quadrants.

Comment

I took a day away from the site, and it's so EXCITING to see this story unfold! Can't wait to get there on Thursday!

Go Thom go!!

Comment

We are still struggling a bit. Keep cheering for the team, I promise there is no quit in this bunch.

Comment

I don't see N6wj on scheduled departure list. ?

Comment

Originally posted by wyhdah View Post
            We are still struggling a bit. Keep cheering for the team, I promise there is no quit in this bunch.
            I don't think that has been in question for a while now! Thom (and the crew) know, and will do, what is best - whatever that may be. And all of us will be right there supporting him (them) in any way we can.

Best,

James

Comment

Originally posted by towerbuzz View Post
              I don't see N6wj on scheduled departure list. ?
              Even if he files a VFR flight plan with Flight Service, it will not show up on any of the trackers until a flight plan is entered in the active ATC computer system (HOST or ERAM depending on where you are in the country). I suspect Thom has been departing and then advising ATC he'd like flight following at which point the controller will enter the info and his data will show up on places like FlightAware, etc.

Hopefully both aircraft and weather will cooperate but we will see. I know that no matter what, the PM pit will be full of and surrounded by supporters.

James

Comment

Removed my own post. Thees are not the droids you are looking for.
                Last edited by wolfee; 09-08-2013, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Please don't post picture of new paint theme here until PM arrives in Reno.

I want to be surprised.

Let the team have their glory for everything they have done.

Last edited by Desertdawg; 09-08-2013, 10:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fawkes View Post
                    Even if he files a VFR flight plan with Flight Service, it will not show up on any of the trackers until a flight plan is entered in the active ATC computer system (HOST or ERAM depending on where you are in the country). I suspect Thom has been departing and then advising ATC he'd like flight following at which point the controller will enter the info and his data will show up on places like FlightAware, etc.

Hopefully both aircraft and weather will cooperate but we will see. I know that no matter what, the PM pit will be full of and surrounded by supporters.

James
                    Funny how that system works, I flew to KISM last week and got flight following for all but 30 miles of the trip and none of it shows on FlightAware.

Comment

On the edge of my seat. Can't wait to see PMs grand entrance to the 50th year at Reno. I hope that every camera in the place is on hand when she lands. Thanks for all the effort it's taken to make this one of the greatest years ever.

Get the paparazzi ready.

Mike B.

Comment

Out in Fernley at motocross race. Sure would be cool to see PM fly over. No word on his current status. Hope he is in the air! Sounds like the team is still dealing with issues. Drama! Hard on the nerves!

Comment

the more we hear the louder we cheer! we know theres no quit in that team, God speed PM!

Comment

I hope they make it, but what is the deadline?

Comment

DEADLINE SCHMEDLINE...If RARA does not make an exception for them regarding a deadline they would be crazy...I know the rules should apply to everyone, but with the low entry list, the HUGE fan support for PM , the Herculean effort they had to make , and possibly mother nature being what holds PM up from making the deadline it would be ludicrous of them to not give PM a break.

Comment

Funny how that system works, I flew to KISM last week and got flight following for all but 30 miles of the trip and none of it shows on FlightAware.
                                ATC probably just put a data tag in on you with that short of distance to go (especially if in a terminal environment). With no "full" FP in the machine, FlightAware won't pick it up. I love FA and other programs that show air traffic but as is even the case with the ATC computers, it is only a partial picture.

James

Comment

Working...
                                X