Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Precious Metals Current Situation...Hope They Make It

Default Re: Precious Metals Current Situation...Hope They Make It

Quote Originally Posted by LoveOldPlanes View Post
    Puncture wounds...The Griffon demands more blood than that.....
    It's British. Tis merely a flesh wound.

Puncture wounds...The Griffon demands more blood than that.....
    I suspect they are like the Merlin, "They" decide when they are through screwing with you, they are not happy until they have extracted every last ounce of flesh, blood and mortality that they can........

After a 200 mile round trip from home to the hanger to work for four hour. When I left the supercharger was getting mated to the engine. So things are looking up. The crew is again putting in marathon hours, and Thom is still leading the charge. I have sacrificed my old "lime green" Precious Metal shirt soaked in the blood (oil) of the Griffon, so hopefully the bad juju is gone. Juju being the " Thunder Over Reno" curse.

Keep your fingers crossed, and again we thank you for your support.
    ( Just like the old "Bartles and James" commercials)

Quote Originally Posted by phoneguy View Post
    After a 200 mile round trip from home to the hanger to work for four hour. When I left the supercharger was getting mated to the engine. So things are looking up. The crew is again putting in marathon hours, and Thom is still leading the charge. I have sacrificed my old "lime green" Precious Metal shirt soaked in the blood (oil) of the Griffon, so hopefully the bad juju is gone. Juju being the " Thunder Over Reno" curse.

Keep your fingers crossed, and again we thank you for your support.
    ( Just like the old "Bartles and James" commercials)
    Oil pan and Supercharger are now on. Cams on and being adjusted. Intakes and fasteners cleaned and being prepped to install. I left an hour ago to drive home, so I suspect the final few things are probably done by now. Gear set-up for props still attached to them and goes on after engine is back in place. Many team members have been getting only about 3 to 4 hours sleep a night for some days. Someone mentioned bringing beer for the crew- I think a pallet of 5 Hour Energy would help more....

Myself and my race crew have been on a couple of those deals, they are down to the short strokes, they'll make it. Have everybody double check everybody.......... Good luck guys!!

Forgive me if this has already been mentioned, but is this the "ferry" motor or the blown race engine that you're working on?

Quote Originally Posted by CanIFlyIt View Post
    Forgive me if this has already been mentioned, but is this the "ferry" motor or the blown race engine that you're working on?
    The "secret squirrel" says this motor is made up with the best bits of both. Everything was saved off of race motor that could be saved...due to obvious time constraints. That is where the ferry motor started to donate.

Rampman Guest

Sounds like a pretty good dry run for doing the same thing in the pits mid week someday. Thanks for keeping us up to Date. Good luck!

There is NOTHING more gratifying than a successful thrash to make it to the race following a set-back. Probably a dozen times or more that I can remember staying up round the clock for days cutting and grinding away at some part of the boat, eating food while working in a cloud of fiberglass dust....and that satisfaction when you finish and the racer drives out of the shop ready for the war.

Okay, maybe the only thing better is actually WINNING, but the thrill of the thrash--while exhausting--can be very satisfying too.

Keep it up guys!

6:00 am Kissimmee Time: The Engine is in the Airframe! Time for props, ground tests and flight testing.

Go Team PM!!!!!!