Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Precious Metals Current Situation...Hope They Make It

Originally posted by Tigercat24 View Post
    The crew mentioned that the main bearing popped.
    If that is the case then I believe metal shavings would pretty much wipe all bearings out.

Real Bummer, I was looking forward to the sound of a wound up Griffon probably only slightly less than Thom was looking forward to flying it.

Comment

The only good thing about this situation is that they identified this issue before Thom headed west and out over the Rockies.

Comment

I thought about the Jeannie comparison while getting ready for work this morning. But when that happened, Wiley Sanders opened up his very large checkbook and wrote out a blank check to make it happen. Thom doesn't have that luxury.

In 1980 Jeannie made the Reno deadline with two minutes to spare...but then again, Mac only had to fly her an hour and a half north from Van Nuys....not a (normal) two to three day hop from Florida.

Count me in amongst the throng pulling for them...but EVERYTHING is going to have to work right the first time.
        Last edited by Big_Jim; 09-04-2013, 12:12 PM.

Comment

This could just be the biggest PR stunt in years.

I can dream cant I ?

Comment

Originally posted by flyingjibus View Post

I can dream cant I ?
            Considering the openess the PM team has had.............. Only thing they have hidden is the paint job, I would say it is more like a nightmare.

I say anyone who can brings them a 6 or 12 pack. Least we can do.........

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisMX105 View Post

I say anyone who can brings them a 6 or 12 pack. Least we can do.........
              I'm in: now, how do you get it past the pit security guys? They're VERY thorough...........

Comment

Beer is not the problem, though no one even touches a beer while working on PM. We need just more time, just so Thom can have a safe flight over to Reno. Heading over there right after work to help out....just as I just recovered from the "hanger marathon" this weekend. Thanks for pulling for us, it really means alot to Thom and the team.

Comment

I can dream cant I ?
                  This is not a stunt, I can assure you of that. Some crew was there until 5:30 am this morning. I got in a few hours this morning (until I had an issue at home I had to leave for), and am heading back right now until I don't know when. Two of us have flights to Reno booked for tomorrow already. Good progress was being made at 12:30 pm when I left. We have a few people who are there during most weekdays, and a much larger group who is there weekends and sometimes afterhours. Hope some of the weekenders can show up after work today. Folks have come from as far away as New York and California to be a part of this...but nobody beats the dude from Hong Kong! Time is our biggest enemy.

Comment

Originally posted by phoneguy View Post
                    Beer is not the problem, though no one even touches a beer while working on PM. We need just more time, just so Thom can have a safe flight over to Reno. Heading over there right after work to help out....just as I just recovered from the "hanger marathon" this weekend. Thanks for pulling for us, it really means alot to Thom and the team.
                    No offense meant with the beer comment. Was just thinking that once you guys made it to reno that a cold beer would be well deserved once all the work was caught up.
                    If I lived in Florida I would be there in person doing what I could. Unfortunately all I can do is cross my fingers and send good thoughts.

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by LoveOldPlanes View Post
                      This is not a stunt, I can assure you of that. Some crew was there until 5:30 am this morning. I got in a few hours this morning (until I had an issue at home I had to leave for), and am heading back right now until I don't know when. Two of us have flights to Reno booked for tomorrow already. Good progress was being made at 12:30 pm when I left. We have a few people who are there during most weekdays, and a much larger group who is there weekends and sometimes afterhours. Hope some of the weekenders can show up after work today. Folks have come from as far away as New York and California to be a part of this...but nobody beats the dude from Hong Kong! Time is our biggest enemy.
                      No one is doubting ya'lls commitment. I think you know we are all pulling for you. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a Reno miracle.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisMX105 View Post
                        No offense meant with the beer comment. Was just thinking that once you guys made it to reno that a cold beer would be well deserved once all the work was caught up.
                        If I lived in Florida I would be there in person doing what I could. Unfortunately all I can do is cross my fingers and send good thoughts.

Chris
                        I´m so sorry not to be there to help in some way.
                        Go Precious Metal crew! I think you captured more fans than any this time.
                        All the best for all the PM team.

Comment

No one is doubting ya'lls commitment. I think you know we are all pulling for you. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a Reno miracle.
                          Or as I call it. The Miracle on Hoagland Blvd.

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Bill Kelso View Post
                            Or as I call it. The Miracle on Hoagland Blvd.
                            I feel for the whole team. If I could, I'd be there to push a broom or prop open someone's eyelids while they work.

Comment

Originally posted by 440_Magnum View Post
                              I feel for the whole team. If I could, I'd be there to push a broom or prop open someone's eyelids while they work.
                              I suggested super glue or perhaps staples to hold them open. I wonder how many of the crew will show up in Reno with torn eyelids and punture wounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Bill Kelso View Post
                                I suggested super glue or perhaps staples to hold them open. I wonder how many of the crew will show up in Reno with torn eyelids and punture wounds.
                                Puncture wounds...The Griffon demands more blood than that.....

Comment

Working...
                                X