Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: A Sea Fury Fan's Lament

Angry A Sea Fury Fan's Lament

I'll be blunt...most people aren't giving "Hoot" Gibson in 2-3-2 (Sept. Fury), the World's Fastest Sea Fury, a chance in a hot place to come anywhere close to victory this year. Not too happy about that one.
    "America is all about speed...hot, nasty, bada** speed."
    -Eleanor Roosevelt-

Default Re: A Sea Fury Fan's Lament

Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat24 View Post
    I'll be blunt...most people aren't giving "Hoot" Gibson in 2-3-2 (Sept. Fury), the World's Fastest Sea Fury, a chance in a hot place to come anywhere close to victory this year. Not too happy about that one.
    Well, sometimes the truth hurts. There are at least three airplanes that are faster (given that they are healthy on Sunday). If some luck and breakage goes their way, 232 could win.

At this point, its anyone's race. I say good luck to all.

Will

Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat24 View Post
    Rookie you gonna lement from 3000 miles away, or are you actually coming out to view in person this year?

The World's Fastest Sea Fury is still 15-20 mph slower than the two fastest Mustangs....no matter how happy you are about it.

wha? The way he flew last year, I pretty much expecting to see him mixin' it up at the front of the field. Matt and Steveo will be dealing with new rides and the Bear has had it's issues. Wish them all the best, but I kinda think will see a knock-down/drag-out tussle with 232 and PM. Familiarity with equipment counts for a lot.

I'm gonna say 38 is gonna be well in front of 232 if both are healthy, (Hypothetically speaking) I am looking at PM chewing some tailfeathers off of 5 & 7 if not leading the pack.

I would throw in that in recent history, Strega didn't have to push hard for the entire race. If Voodoo stays healthy and both run each other ragged, there is a chance that whoever is in good position behind them may benefit from a Merlin/Merlins in self-destruct mode. Add in the ? of the info that Hoot will be able to push the 3350 harder this year in 232, the return of Czech Mate, the mods to the Bear, and the mods to PM, and I feel like it is really anyone's race.

Quote Originally Posted by omalley1537 View Post
    I would throw in that in recent history, Strega didn't have to push hard for the entire race. If Voodoo stays healthy and both run each other ragged, there is a chance that whoever is in good position behind them may benefit from a Merlin/Merlins in self-destruct mode. Add in the ? of the info that Hoot will be able to push the 3350 harder this year in 232, the return of Czech Mate, the mods to the Bear, and the mods to PM, and I feel like it is really anyone's race.
    Got to agree with that. Strega's fast, but she hasn't been seriously challenged for the past 4 years. I mentally put Voodoo in the same bucket since they're so similar. I hope to see a Race 5 win, but we'll see.

I feel that PM has had too much work done to recently to be a top contender. Something's bound to go wrong at some point. I think 2014 will be their year to really bring it.

To the OP, I think 232 has a very good chance this year. Gonna be a good race!

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Jim View Post
    Rookie you gonna lement from 3000 miles away, or are you actually coming out to view in person this year?
    Time and money...and yes, I may be 29, but I've been following the races since I was 4
    "America is all about speed...hot, nasty, bada** speed."
    -Eleanor Roosevelt-

for some things you just have to make the time... money, id beg borrow or steal to get there... what are you going to do if this is the last one? (heaven forbid) ;-)
    Todd Smith