Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 79

Thread: A Sea Fury Fan's Lament

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Posts
    393

    Angry A Sea Fury Fan's Lament

    I'll be blunt...most people aren't giving "Hoot" Gibson in 2-3-2 (Sept. Fury), the World's Fastest Sea Fury, a chance in a hot place to come anywhere close to victory this year. Not too happy about that one.
    "America is all about speed...hot, nasty, bada** speed."
    -Eleanor Roosevelt-

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    1,905

    Default Re: A Sea Fury Fan's Lament

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat24 View Post
    I'll be blunt...most people aren't giving "Hoot" Gibson in 2-3-2 (Sept. Fury), the World's Fastest Sea Fury, a chance in a hot place to come anywhere close to victory this year. Not too happy about that one.
    Well, sometimes the truth hurts. There are at least three airplanes that are faster (given that they are healthy on Sunday). If some luck and breakage goes their way, 232 could win.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Napa Ca
    Posts
    1,342

    Default Re: A Sea Fury Fan's Lament

    At this point, its anyone's race. I say good luck to all.

    Will

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Seattle, Washington
    Posts
    1,908

    Default Re: A Sea Fury Fan's Lament

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat24 View Post
    I'll be blunt...most people aren't giving "Hoot" Gibson in 2-3-2 (Sept. Fury), the World's Fastest Sea Fury, a chance in a hot place to come anywhere close to victory this year. Not too happy about that one.
    Rookie you gonna lement from 3000 miles away, or are you actually coming out to view in person this year?

    The World's Fastest Sea Fury is still 15-20 mph slower than the two fastest Mustangs....no matter how happy you are about it.

  5. #5

    Default Re: A Sea Fury Fan's Lament

    wha? The way he flew last year, I pretty much expecting to see him mixin' it up at the front of the field. Matt and Steveo will be dealing with new rides and the Bear has had it's issues. Wish them all the best, but I kinda think will see a knock-down/drag-out tussle with 232 and PM. Familiarity with equipment counts for a lot.

  6. #6

    Default Re: A Sea Fury Fan's Lament

    I'm gonna say 38 is gonna be well in front of 232 if both are healthy, (Hypothetically speaking) I am looking at PM chewing some tailfeathers off of 5 & 7 if not leading the pack.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Snohomish, WA
    Posts
    51

    Default Re: A Sea Fury Fan's Lament

    I would throw in that in recent history, Strega didn't have to push hard for the entire race. If Voodoo stays healthy and both run each other ragged, there is a chance that whoever is in good position behind them may benefit from a Merlin/Merlins in self-destruct mode. Add in the ? of the info that Hoot will be able to push the 3350 harder this year in 232, the return of Czech Mate, the mods to the Bear, and the mods to PM, and I feel like it is really anyone's race.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    79

    Default Re: A Sea Fury Fan's Lament

    Quote Originally Posted by omalley1537 View Post
    I would throw in that in recent history, Strega didn't have to push hard for the entire race. If Voodoo stays healthy and both run each other ragged, there is a chance that whoever is in good position behind them may benefit from a Merlin/Merlins in self-destruct mode. Add in the ? of the info that Hoot will be able to push the 3350 harder this year in 232, the return of Czech Mate, the mods to the Bear, and the mods to PM, and I feel like it is really anyone's race.
    Got to agree with that. Strega's fast, but she hasn't been seriously challenged for the past 4 years. I mentally put Voodoo in the same bucket since they're so similar. I hope to see a Race 5 win, but we'll see.

    I feel that PM has had too much work done to recently to be a top contender. Something's bound to go wrong at some point. I think 2014 will be their year to really bring it.

    To the OP, I think 232 has a very good chance this year. Gonna be a good race!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Posts
    393

    Default Re: A Sea Fury Fan's Lament

    Quote Originally Posted by Big_Jim View Post
    Rookie you gonna lement from 3000 miles away, or are you actually coming out to view in person this year?
    Time and money...and yes, I may be 29, but I've been following the races since I was 4
    "America is all about speed...hot, nasty, bada** speed."
    -Eleanor Roosevelt-

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    159

    Default Re: A Sea Fury Fan's Lament

    for some things you just have to make the time... money, id beg borrow or steal to get there... what are you going to do if this is the last one? (heaven forbid) ;-)
    Todd Smith

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •