Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Course visibility for qualifying/racing. Who makes the decision and how is it made?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Course visibility for qualifying/racing. Who makes the decision and how is it mad

Nice morning. Photo taken 5 minutes ago.

Comment

Re: Course visibility for qualifying/racing. Who makes the decision and how is it mad

Local news is saying they hope to have the fire "contained" by Sept. 23rd.

Comment

Originally posted by Dialtapper View Post
        Local news is saying they hope to have the fire "contained" by Sept. 23rd.

The inciweb.org website is now stating a September 20th date as the estimate for containment
        Last edited by johnnyrace; 08-31-2013, 08:50 PM.

Comment

I don't think the smoke will be contained by then.

Comment

for some one that lives near it i think if the fre gets rained on like they are talking then i think we will be good to go pluse the smoke is blowing more south

Comment

It's day to day depending on winds, or lack of them.
              Today down at international the smoke is heavy and you can't see the mountains. In Stead it was not as bad.
              When I came into town from vacation on Sunday we hit it in Tahoe and it never lightened. Orange sky and the houses a block away were obscured. From the freeway you could not see the airport. That way yesterday morning also, then blew out.
              Unless they get that thing controlled I get a feeling we will have some no-fly days.
              Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
              airplanenutleo@gmail.com
              thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Don't forget we had some monsoonal moisture today to haze things up. Rights now in Lemmon Valley, its 80, light breeze and can see Mt Rose and blue sky just fine. Remember Reno is just a hazy bowl a lot on normal days anyhow.

Out here its a great day for flying and some evening work in the garden.

Comment

And this morning it's nasty again...
                  The news is saying it will be decreasing over the next week as the prevailing wind patterns shift and the fire containment increases so looks good!
                  Yeah, coming into Reno from the north valleys in the morning is kind of like dropping into the LA basin.
                  Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                  airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                  thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Today's Oakland Tribune newspaper is reporting the fire is 80% contained.

Comment

Working...
                    X