Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Any racers at Stead yet?

Originally posted by RAD2LTR View Post
    Who knows, perhaps Miss Merced has come out of hiding? Doubtful but who knows?

Will
    Since it is based in Wisconsin that would be akin to seeing a UFO. It stays hidden away in the land of cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by Tigercat24 View Post
      If it was red, radial, and fast...2-3-2. If it has yellow, radial, and fast...BEAR??? I has yellow on the underside of the wings as part of the 'candy-corn' paint job.

Still, I would be shocked if any of the big boy racers were headed there THIS soon...and there's still the smoke to deal with...
      The Bear is on a truck headed through Texas so that's out.
      Last edited by Race5; 08-27-2013, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Race5 View Post
        The Bear is on a truck headed through Texas so that's out.
        Do tell!
        Random Air Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Lockheed Bob View Post
          All I know is that "Ole Yeller" & the "Mormon Mustang" has/was in a hanger along with an L model observation plane & he has had it on display at the Western Warbird doings a couple of times along with "Section Eight" This is at the St. George,Ut airport.
          Is now the time to respray Section Eight (in washable paint of course) in the Bardahl Special colors?

T J

Comment

Originally posted by T J Johansen View Post
            Is now the time to respray Section Eight (in washable paint of course) in the Bardahl Special colors?

T J
            I'll drink to that!

I'm sure we could get Chuck to come down for the weekend!

Comment

Originally posted by N29131 View Post
              Hey guys, my family and I ranch over here south of Elko, Nevada. I've been gone the past couple of days, but my dad saw what he thought was a racer fly over head yesterday, heading west. He said it was at a really high altitude, appeared to be yellow, sounded like a radial, and was really moving!! He was thinking a Sea Fury. I was curious if this was 232.

Any sightings at Stead yet? Man, I can't wait!!!!
              WILDFIRE!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Jim View Post
                I'll drink to that!

I'm sure we could get Chuck to come down for the weekend!
                I'll third the notion!!

Comment

He said in a recent e-mail that he was supposed to do a car race on that date, but has been invited for a reunion of the "Class of 64".

Seeing as Idaho_cowpony is based nearer than some of us, I think he should be leading "Operation repaint". Stock up on white Paint, get out there at night, and make that 51 look proper again...

T J

P.S. Does anyone know if Lacy' s Purple 51 will be present? I'm not expecting it, but the old Weiner N335 would have been another nice addition to the static line- up.
                  Last edited by T J Johansen; 08-30-2013, 05:54 AM.

Comment

I see Clay's purple Mustang going thru annuals every year, but I don't think it's been off the ground in several years. I would venture a guess that it won't be at Reno this year ~ but with Clay ya never know

Comment

Originally posted by Cloudchaser427 View Post
                      I see Clay's purple Mustang going thru annuals every year, but I don't think it's been off the ground in several years. I would venture a guess that it won't be at Reno this year ~ but with Clay ya never know
                      It just came out of Pete Regina's shop at Van Nuys a couple months back and is flyable and as good a condition as it has been in a LONG time.

Comment

I'm betting this is going to be one of those year's that you truly don't know what's going to be on the ramp until you or it gets there...

I've heard rumbles here and there from folks who didn't get reservations/flights/tickets because they smelled something "rotton" this year...

They were just smelling the trailer we rented last year... (long story)

Can you believe how close it is........
                        Wayne Sagar
                        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Is it just me, or is anyone else having trouble sleeping? Been 51 long, long, weeks but I'm now a Single-Digit-Midget on the countdown to Stead. And it seems to be shaping up to be one for the books. Those who elected not to join us this year may well live to regret that move. Time will tell but I'm bettin' on an incredible week of fun in the sun. Sure the week will bring many surprises.

Gird your loins, folks! It's almost time to make some sweet, sweet noise.
                          Owen Ashurst
                          Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
                          http://airbossone.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Air Judge View Post
                            Is it just me, or is anyone else having trouble sleeping?
                            YES and I just now figured out why!
                            Wayne Sagar
                            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I was out there late this afternoon and saw a couple of L-39's. That was it as far as racers. I am keeping my ears open for the un-mistakable sound of radial engines flying over my house from the east. I hope to hear something tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Air Judge View Post
                                Is it just me, or is anyone else having trouble sleeping? Been 51 long, long, weeks but I'm now a Single-Digit-Midget on the countdown to Stead. And it seems to be shaping up to be one for the books. Those who elected not to join us this year may well live to regret that move. Time will tell but I'm bettin' on an incredible week of fun in the sun. Sure the week will bring many surprises.

Gird your loins, folks! It's almost time to make some sweet, sweet noise.
                                You called it,bro. Been "surviving" on You-tube videos of PRS and last year's race. Gotta admit, I have so many favorites in the Gold class, it's drivin' me crazy. But the one plane on the ramp that EVERYBODY loves is Mr. Lewis' big ol' nasty Tigercat. Such a wonderful bird. Just bein' there on the ramp with all you good folks is gonna be great. and it's gettin' CLOSE!

Comment

Working...
                                X