Any racers at Stead yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any racers at Stead yet?

Hey guys, my family and I ranch over here south of Elko, Nevada. I've been gone the past couple of days, but my dad saw what he thought was a racer fly over head yesterday, heading west. He said it was at a really high altitude, appeared to be yellow, sounded like a radial, and was really moving!! He was thinking a Sea Fury. I was curious if this was 232.

Any sightings at Stead yet? Man, I can't wait!!!!

Re: Any racers at Stead yet?

It could have been "Ole Yeller (Bob Hovers ex-plane) out of St. George,UT.?
    Lockheed Bob

Comment

Is the Lewis Sea Fury 911 (formerly Mike Brown's September Pops) still yellow?
      Sky Critter

Comment

No September Pops is not yellow anymore. It wears a Cuban scheme now.

And 232 doesn't have much in the way of yellow on it anymore (maybe in the flames).

Comment

This is what Sept. Pops looks like now.

Comment

2-3-2 is now red and white (see my icon )...last time it had any yellow (other than a tiny part of the flame job) was in 2008 with the wings in yellow primer.
            "America is all about speed...hot, nasty, bada** speed."
            -Eleanor Roosevelt-

Comment

And I sincerely hope that no racers are attempting to enter Stead airspace right now with the overflow smoke from the CA rimfires fogging everything up...unless the winds have diverted.
              -Eleanor Roosevelt-

Comment

Originally posted by Lockheed Bob View Post
                It could have been "Ole Yeller (Bob Hovers ex-plane) out of St. George,UT.?
                When did John Bagley move Ole Yeller out of Idaho Falls down to St. George?

Comment

Originally posted by Tigercat24 View Post
                  2-3-2 is now red and white (see my icon )...last time it had any yellow (other than a tiny part of the flame job) was in 2008 with the wings in yellow primer.
                  Whoops!!. 232 was the first Sea Fury that came to mind when I heard it was yellow or possibly red, a radial, and cooking right along. Guess I'm just really anxious for race week

Comment

Ole Yeller is based a Rexburg, Id

Comment

All I know is that "Ole Yeller" & the "Mormon Mustang" has/was in a hanger along with an L model observation plane & he has had it on display at the Western Warbird doings a couple of times along with "Section Eight" This is at the St. George,Ut airport.
                      Lockheed Bob

Comment

Originally posted by N29131 View Post
                        Whoops!!. 232 was the first Sea Fury that came to mind when I heard it was yellow or possibly red, a radial, and cooking right along. Guess I'm just really anxious for race week
                        If it was red, radial, and fast...2-3-2. If it has yellow, radial, and fast...BEAR??? I has yellow on the underside of the wings as part of the 'candy-corn' paint job.

Still, I would be shocked if any of the big boy racers were headed there THIS soon...and there's still the smoke to deal with...
                        -Eleanor Roosevelt-

Comment

Who knows, perhaps Miss Merced has come out of hiding? Doubtful but who knows?

Will

Comment

Originally posted by RAD2LTR View Post
                            Who knows, perhaps Miss Merced has come out of hiding? Doubtful but who knows?

Will
                            Now THAT I'd like to see. This is a special one (ok MORE special one) and it sure would be nice to see some of the former combatants show up.

Comment

A couple of Pitts flew in yesterday

Comment

Working...
                              X