So...What Happened?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So...What Happened?

We've gotten word that Rare Bear has flown a few times...and now there is silence.

We've gotten word that Hoot would take 2-3-2 up today...and now there is silence.

We've gotten word that Czech Mate flew successfully this weekend...and now there is silence.
    "America is all about speed...hot, nasty, bada** speed."
    -Eleanor Roosevelt-

Re: So...What Happened?

Don't think Czech Mate has ever been a shout from the rooftop kinda gang.

It was posted on the Rare Bear facebook that they were taking the weekend off.

Haven't heard anything on 232, Can we assume Hoot took it to orbit and is having lunch at the space station?

Comment

Originally posted by Tigercat24 View Post
      We've gotten word that Rare Bear has flown a few times...and now there is silence.

We've gotten word that Hoot would take 2-3-2 up today...and now there is silence.

We've gotten word that Czech Mate flew successfully this weekend...and now there is silence.
      Voodoo has been finishing ground runs with the recently overhauled race motor.

Flights soon with merlin sounds above Northern California =)

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo(1).JPG
Views:	1
Size:	433.4 KB
ID:	225848Click image for larger version

Name:	voodoo4.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	225849

Comment

The missing radiator/scoop seems to be back in place..........

Comment

I had the opportunity to sit and listen to someone with a history with the Bear team discuss testing with someone else intimately familiar with the Bear team, and what I heard is that the preliminary flight testing has gone well. But they have not yet gotten into exploring the post-modification 'envelope' yet.

This was one of those situation where those of you who know me would have been impressed, as I just sat there and kept my mouth shut and listened. That was kind of odd for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Mluvara View Post
            Voodoo has been finishing ground runs with the recently overhauled race motor.

Flights soon with merlin sounds above Northern California =)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19869[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]19870[/ATTACH]

What's up with the missing race number on the tail?

Comment

From the September Fury Fan's Facebook Page:

"Hoot took the ole' girl up this afternoon. And everyone is pleased. Excellence"

Posted about 8:20PM 8/19/2013

Comment

Smoot took her up Sunday around noon. Flew great as I could tell, she almost ended up in the dirt at the end of the runway though... Taming the beast after 3 years of downtime Wings smoooooooth as glass too Gonna be a good year fellas
                Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

I can't wait!!! Staying Sunday night too, and cruising back down the 395 to LA riding shotgun Monday. Haven't got to do that since 05, always hate leaving the party early.

Comment

I like to believe "Silence is golden". Just makes the anticipation of race week that much more exciting.

Comment

Originally posted by V1670 View Post
                      I like to believe "Silence is golden". Just makes the anticipation of race week that much more exciting.
                      Ditto x 2

Comment

I have been riding this wave for almost 30 years now. These are the only things that are for sure:

Nothing will happen like you expect it to.

Someone, somewhere, will be disappointed

Comment

Originally posted by V1670 View Post
                          Exactly........
                          "Racefuel, It's not just for breakfast anymore!" http://www.twracefotos.net

Comment

Working...
                          X