Blue Angel Bearcat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Angel Bearcat

Not on the entry list but was at PRS? There is a pretty cool website: http://grummanbearcat.com/
    Random Air Blog

Re: Blue Angel Bearcat

Those quoted performance numbers look fairly conservative for a show-cat [almost wrote pony, oops]..
    Didn't the USN do a spectacular airshow time-to-climb 0-10,000ft stunt in one of theirs?

Comment

Yes they did a F8F vrs F9F at the Cleveland Air Races & the "Bearcat" was at altitude circling while waiting for the"Panther" to get there.
      Lockheed Bob

Comment

Not sure if you know this or not, but Courtesy Aircraft has that Bearcat for sale. It's priced at 2.3 million $$. I know we'd all like to see more enteries in the unlimited class...........so here's what I'm willing to do. I'm going to enter into negotations, I think I can get it for $2,000,100. I think I can come up with the $100, but I'm going to ask eveyone on here to chip in and let's make this a go. If only 20 people give me $100,000 each, I can get it. I'm pretty sure RARA will waive PRS for me, once I've explained all the experience I have about pylon racing.....albeit in my dreams..........hey, experience, is experience. I promise, if I get the Blue Angle Bearcat, I'll be at Reno.....so let's get those donations started.
        Thanks.
        Brian

PS....don't forget, your donations are tax deductible......unless you're audited by the IRS.

Comment

Hey, I'm in for another $100.00. All we need now are another 20 people to give us $99995.00

Comment

I remember reading somewhere that a Bearcat and Mustang were lined up at the end of a runway. Both got flagged off and the Bearcat accelerated so fast and rotated, rolled and got a gun pass on the Mustang before it got off. That seems impossible......although Bears were designed as interceptors. Any truth to that story?

Comment

Did the 'Thunderbirds' USAF team run the F-51H?
              Maybe if they'd had a full ADI tank & were blowing 90+ inches through the Merlin, it would've been a better match..

Comment

Their first aircraft was the F-84G.
                Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Thanks, Leo, I kinda doubted those jet-bent USAF guys would want to operate old ANG-type cast-offs..

Comment

Working...
                  X