I have a question????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a question????

I know I don't post here that often but something is perplexing me. On ebay right now is an original program from the 64 races. Since this was the first unlimited race since Cleveland, where did the racing pictures inside come from?
    "And if they stare, just let them burn their eyes on your moving."

Re: I have a question????

Originally posted by hm66sk View Post
    I know I don't post here that often but something is perplexing me. On ebay right now is an original program from the 64 races. Since this was the first unlimited race since Cleveland, where did the racing pictures inside come from?
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/261265331844...84.m1423.l2649
    The early programs in the 60's were nothing like the ones we have now. It probably wasn't until the early/mid 70's that you started getting any significant pictures. The early stuff was all stories on the history of air racing and profiling the aerobatic acts. They never listed any entry lists or photos for the classes.

Comment

True, but there is what appears to be Slovak's Bearcat and some Mustang in a pylon turn and another pic of them flying together. Maybe some pre-staged shots for the PR perhaps?
      Last edited by hm66sk; 08-16-2013, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hm66sk View Post
        True, but there is what appears to be Slovak's Bearcat and some Mustang in a pylon turn and another pic of them flying together. Maybe some pre-staged shots for the PR perhaps?
        Yes, that's exactly what it was. Slovak in Bill Stead's Bearcat and Chuck Lyford in a borrowed Mustang. They used an airport beacon tower as a pylon and flew several 'passes' around in a turn for the photographers. I've talked to Chuck at length about that.

Comment

Thank you Big Jim. Cue appropriate music for an aha moment.

Comment

Working...
          X