• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tigercat and More For Auction Saturday

Re: Tigercat and More For Auction Saturday

I call dibs on that Skylancer!!!

Comment

A Skylancer?.......whoa, now THAT's a rare bird! Although, I know Ford's had J-57's, but didnt F5D's have a J-75?

Comment

Originally posted by V1670 View Post
        A Skylancer?.......whoa, now THAT's a rare bird! Although, I know Ford's had J-57's, but didnt F5D's have a J-75?
        The F5D's were intended to get J-75s, but all four were powered by J-57s. Contrary to the auction write up this F-5D, NASA 708, is only one of two airframes in existence. The other F-5D, NASA 802, is on display outside the Neil Armstong Museum at Wapakoneta, Ohio. Sure hope it and the other static jets wind up in museums.

Frank

3 there are only two Skylancers in existence, this one and the one in Ohio at the Neil Armstrong Museum

Comment

I'm not sure I'd touch any of those static jets. There is a high probability that they are on loan, and not actually owned by any individual. The fact they are being sold with no bill of sale is a bit sketchy in my book. I'd hate to see someone fork over the cash to "buy" them only to have the gov. take them away. It's almost like the CAF Twin Mustang deal all over again.

Comment

I don't know what you guys see in those planes that don't fly...........I'm really interested in that 82' Caddy with the fuel injected v6 and spoke hubcaps with the trunk cut off!

I can still remember my dad bringing a brand new one of those home, I must have crushed him when I told him it was the ugliest car I had ever seen.

Comment

Working...
            X