No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 924

... and here with audio, race of the radials: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJSe_gVGm8Q

Florian

Comment

Originally posted by Propellerhead View Post
      It'll be nice to see her in her old clothes, but it was pretty cool in the buff.

WOW. Great photo, thanks for sharing it here.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingjibus View Post
        Stunning photo.

Yes, I have to agree. Fantastic shot.

Will

Comment

)

It's like seeing an old friend again after many years! This was the first SF I ever saw and I have very fond memories of not only the sight but the sound as well. I was very happy to see her in bare metal at Chino again this year but was really hoping they were going to have her all painted up. I'm sure glad the Sanders decided to stick with not only the same paint scheme but the Centaurus as well. What a fantastic airplane. The only down side is that it sure makes me miss Frank Sanders and the good old days at Chino in the late '80s and early '90s. Those were the "golden years" of the Planes of Fame airshows as far as I'm concerned. I'm not generally a big fan of this thing called "progress" which quite often seems to be just the opposite. (Man, I must be getting old. Startin' to sound like my Dad!)

Comment

Good to have a Bristol!

- Joseph

Comment

How is this Leo Shawn
              Attached Files

Comment

Ahh, the low rumble of the Bristol and the graceful smoke trails. Just a nice, slow, quiet routine where you could really hear the Sea Fury.
                Getting chills.

Thanks Shawn!!
                Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Here she on our way to Madera Warbirds 1994, the last show she performed before making Ione her new home!

And the final photo pass at the same show. This was my last frame in my camera, and a few short seconds after, Dennis was so low, two guys in beach chairs rolled onto the ground to avoid any unwanted hair trimming

"dont believe ANYTHING you hear and about HALF of what you see"...................J. Mott 1994

Comment

Nice!
                    Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                    airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                    thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

So that's where the 'Cone of Silence' [Get Smart] came from..
                      Those big sleeve-valve Centaurus mills really do purr/rustle their way around the sky..

Comment

Thanks Ken. Pretty cool restoration project. See you in 3 weeks!

Franko

Comment

If you hear 3350 SFs and Centaurus SFs displaying together the Bristol engined plane sounds smoother, could be the difference between having a 5 blade prop rather than 4, I think from memeory the number of cylinders is the same. Anybody else agree

Comment

Working...
                          X