Voodoo Pilot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voodoo Pilot?

Just curious, why isn't Will Whiteside flying Voodoo this year? If this is opening up a can of worms, feel free to delete my post. Appeared he always did a great job of flying her. I know he's flying a Sport aircraft this year, wish him all the best.
    Brian

Re: Voodoo Pilot?

Originally posted by supercub View Post
    Just curious, why isn't Will Whiteside flying Voodoo this year? If this is opening up a can of worms, feel free to delete my post. Appeared he always did a great job of flying her. I know he's flying a Sport aircraft this year, wish him all the best.
    Brian
    It's not a can of worms. Will sold Steadfast and made arrangements to fly Darryl Greenamyer's plane in the Sport Class.

Bob Button wasn't planning on racing Voodoo (as it had been retired).

But with Strega 'retiring' due to lack of funding (crew was told they would have to come up with the dough to run her this year....and couldn't), there was an 'understanding' between Stevo, Button, and Kerch in that it was worth it to bring #5 out of the barn for the 50th. So the kid is running the purple plane this year.

Only afterwards did Matt Jackson approach Tiger with the funding to run Strega.

Comment

Working...
    X