Hmmmm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmmmm

Looks like the Bear is on the move again....

From the "Wise County Messsenger"
    WIDE LOAD – A 22-foot-wide Rare Bear racing airplane will be traveling along portions of Wise County roads today. The plane is being moved from Jacksboro to Sherman where test flights will be conducted. The route will be U.S. 380 from the west county line to Farm Road 51 North in Decatur up through the Slidell area.

Re: Hmmmm

Originally posted by Sailing South View Post
    Looks like the Bear is on the move again....

From the "Wise County Messsenger"
    WIDE LOAD – A 22-foot-wide Rare Bear racing airplane will be traveling along portions of Wise County roads today. The plane is being moved from Jacksboro to Sherman where test flights will be conducted. The route will be U.S. 380 from the west county line to Farm Road 51 North in Decatur up through the Slidell area.
    Thanks for that intel. The bear camp has been so quiet, this is the only news that has come out of the lone star state.

Comment

Will they be trucking it back to Reno or flying it?
      Brian

Comment

It's just weird if they truck it to Reno, instead of fly it there. It wanders into that attitude I see from so many Harley owners....who keep telling me how great their bikes are, but have trailers to get them everywhere. I hope they put some wind beneath those wings, instead of pavement!

Comment

Originally posted by LoveOldPlanes View Post
          It's just weird if they truck it to Reno, instead of fly it there. It wanders into that attitude I see from so many Harley owners....who keep telling me how great their bikes are, but have trailers to get them everywhere. I hope they put some wind beneath those wings, instead of pavement!
          You know, RareBear is not a sunday driver. It needs regular injections of magic RareBear stuff. Magic may not be available over the more desolate areas between Texas and Nevada

Comment

Why are you guys all worried about whether they're going to truck the plane back to Reno?

The post says they're taking the plane to Sherman, TX to do the flight testing....meaning they probably wanted the bigger runways and area to test all the changes that they have made to the plane out of the smaller confines of Breckenridge.

Trucking the plane for flight testing after a significant modification is no indication as the whether it will fly back to Reno after the flight testing is done. And so what if they do? Not your airplane. Perhaps there are reasons they COULD, but maybe don't WANT to....just like guys who trailer their Harleys around...they probably don't want to either, even though they could.

Sometimes the people on this site create drama for no other reason than to fill the void of information.

Comment

Sometimes the people on this site create drama for no other reason than to fill the void of information.[/QUOTE]

Everyone except Big Jim, that is.

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Jim View Post
                Why are you guys all worried about whether they're going to truck the plane back to Reno?

The post says they're taking the plane to Sherman, TX to do the flight testing....meaning they probably wanted the bigger runways and area to test all the changes that they have made to the plane out of the smaller confines of Breckenridge.

Trucking the plane for flight testing after a significant modification is no indication as the whether it will fly back to Reno after the flight testing is done. And so what if they do? Not your airplane. Perhaps there are reasons they COULD, but maybe don't WANT to....just like guys who trailer their Harleys around...they probably don't want to either, even though they could.

Sometimes the people on this site create drama for no other reason than to fill the void of information.
                Exactly.......
                "Racefuel, It's not just for breakfast anymore!" http://www.twracefotos.net

Comment

Originally posted by toldjaso View Post
                  Everyone except Big Jim, that is.[/QUOTE]

I am SURE I have NO IDEA what you're talking about.......................

(And I even said that with a straight face.)

(Kind of)

Comment

Everyone except Big Jim, that is.
                    I am SURE I have NO IDEA what you're talking about.......................

(And I even said that with a straight face.)

(Kind of)[/QUOTE] As the prop turns..............
                    "Racefuel, It's not just for breakfast anymore!" http://www.twracefotos.net

Comment

AMEN! And Relax
                      Last edited by Reever; 08-10-2013, 09:08 PM.

Comment

Gonna call "foul" on ya for this one "Big"... I don't like blanket statements like " this site " ... I think, overall, "this site" offers a pretty balanced group of posters who love the sport and the airplanes in it.

Not sure why you felt the need to "poke a stick" in the "cage" of "this site" but..... you are who you are I guess...
                        Wayne Sagar
                        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
                          Gonna call "foul" on ya for this one "Big"... I don't like blanket statements like " this site " ... I think, overall, "this site" offers a pretty balanced group of posters who love the sport and the airplanes in it.

Not sure why you felt the need to "poke a stick" in the "cage" of "this site" but..... you are who you are I guess...
                          I wasn't going to single out any one person, Wayne. Just going to the 'bigger picture' of the speculation on this thread. Wasn't poking a stick at all.

Comment

Gotta support Big Jim on this one. I think a lot of people here have no idea how high strung these airplanes are. Flying the airplane back to Reno is just an unneeded risk. Kind of like one of the mech's driving Kimi's Lotus to the track. O it's kool, but what if something happens and it misses the race. It seems it is less trouble to truck it, and no doubt cheaper. I think if it was easier to truck a Mustang over the mountains you would see that also. Monday would be a lot easier for the hero's.

Comment

I wasn't going to single out any one person, Wayne. Just going to the 'bigger picture' of the speculation on this thread. Wasn't poking a stick at all.
                              Yea, I get it, seemed a bit of an attack though, so I pounced....

I just don't want an atmosphere to develop where folks get gun shy to post for fear their thoughts will be criticized...
                              Wayne Sagar
                              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
                              X