Bring back the Car Drop for the 50th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bring back the Car Drop for the 50th

I'd say lets get some of our congressional folks, I'd be happy to volunteer Harry Reid.

Tell them its a great PR event.

Line them up on the tarmac and then have Kent and his Piper Cub bomb em with TP.

Comment

I'd say lets get some of our congressional folks, I'd be happy to volunteer Harry Reid.

Tell them a a great PR event.

Line them up on the tarmac and then have Kent and his Piper Cub bomb em with TP.

Comment

I sense slight disapproval of all things turbine here.

They're all part of the show, fellas. Gotta remember we're trying to appeal to the "duckies and bunnies" in the crowd as well as those hardened, AvGas breathin' veterans amoung us! Wing-walker, Jet Class, Saab cars, Jet Truck...each has a roll. Just as the thread indicates a love of the car-drop, I'd venture to guess there's 100's of folks in the stand who think that's a pretty lame act (though I'm not one of them...regardless of its proximity to Home Pylon!)

It all goes to make Reno, or any airshow for that matter (and make no mistake...Reno is an airshow as well as an air race), appealing to a wide cross-section of paying guests. I'll take 'em all...as many as we can fit in between 0800 and 1700 every day!

Reno...T-Minus 30 days and counting!
        Owen Ashurst
        Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
        http://airbossone.com/

Comment

Fill that bus with REAL politicians and I'm all for it.
          THAT would bring on a standing O.

I'll watch anything they put out there as long as there are races.
          Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
          airplanenutleo@gmail.com
          thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Originally posted by Leo View Post
            Fill that bus with REAL politicians and I'm all for it.
            THAT would bring on a standing O.

I'll watch anything they put out there as long as there are races.
            I tried mailing the British Embassy to see if they could burn down WA DC like they
            did in the War of 1812 but no joy...

Comment

Originally posted by Propellerhead View Post
              Better yet, a formation drop of the Saab Demo team.
              Ouch! That's harsh. I wonder where all those guys are now???? Nursing home? Once you see the
              lame act of that Swiss "Jetman" you will wish the SAAB guys would come back. Oh wait...you have
              a long range telephoto lens...you will see the speck in the sky....

Comment

..........while I agree (in general) the dropping/bombing/ etc of politicians would be great.

Who pays the hazardous disposal fees ?
                Mayday51
                Jim Gallagher

Comment

I'll chip in. Money well spent for once.

I don't want to burn DC, too many cool buildings. Just turn it into a park, the capital building would probably get more done empty.

Somewhere on a video tape, no idea what year, I filmed one of those. The guy next to me is screaming "PRESS THE CAR"!
                  Ahhh, the good old days. I know it probably isn't a crowd draw but I sure miss the warbird aerobatics, smokewinder, Lefty, and the classics like Scholl and Franklin, the Eagles. Sigh.
                  Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                  airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                  thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Originally posted by mayday51 View Post
                    ..........while I agree (in general) the dropping/bombing/ etc of politicians would be great.

Who pays the hazardous disposal fees ?
                    Actually I think the BS that they are full of would work great in the garden and is not a hazardous product.

Last edited by Desertdawg; 08-08-2013, 08:05 AM.

Comment

I miss the car drop, rumor has it, no car drop for a number of years due to our C-47's being deployed. If we did have one standing down I doubt the head jack ass would allow it to fly do to the cost.

Comment

Originally posted by Airpirate View Post
                        I miss the car drop, rumor has it, no car drop for a number of years due to our C-47's being deployed. If we did have one standing down I doubt the head jack ass would allow it to fly do to the cost.
                        Good point...sequestration and all that....but I saw a privately owned Harrier at OSH....if he wasn't carrying lots of bombs and fuel, I bet he could lift a small car full of dummy politicians....oh wait....they are all dummies...or is it us who are the dummies for re-electing them?

Comment

Originally posted by Leo View Post
                          I'll chip in. Money well spent for once.

I don't want to burn DC, too many cool buildings. Just turn it into a park, the capital building would probably get more done empty.

Somewhere on a video tape, no idea what year, I filmed one of those. The guy next to me is screaming "PRESS THE CAR"!
                          Ahhh, the good old days. I know it probably isn't a crowd draw but I sure miss the warbird aerobatics, smokewinder, Lefty, and the classics like Scholl and Franklin, the Eagles. Sigh.
                          Good point. We do want to preserve the history of DC when real Americans ran the place.
                          Reminds me of a joke....
                          There was a terrific traffic jam on the interstate and soon someone comes walking down the line of cars saying,"Terrorists have taken congress hostage and are threatening to dump gas on them and set them on fire unless a ransom is paid."
                          "How much is everyone giving?" cried a motorist....
                          "About a gallon" said the walker...

Comment

Originally posted by Race5 View Post
                            I vote for dropping the jet car.
                            I vote for dropping the jet class
                            "dont believe ANYTHING you hear and about HALF of what you see"...................J. Mott 1994

Comment

Working...
                            X