A racer's recent self reflection...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A racer's recent self reflection...

I love it when you guy's post video, cant get enough!

This gets me going, this year's 50th can't come fast enough!!!

Going to be a great year. . .

Don

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisMX105 View Post
      I would hope that since "The fix" falls under a potential serious safety concern and is not an airframe or powerplant modification to get speed that it would be shared.
      Think of a car with the windows rolled up, a temperature differential and humidity trapped inside.

The fix is nothing more than drawing air out of the cockpit. The radiator is getting water sprayed on it below the cockpit and makes a humid environment.

Michael

Comment

Skip Holm tells a good story (aren't they all) about having to clean the windshield in Dago while on the course.

I myself was #4 of 5 airplanes in trail formation when we hit some bad weather and turned around. In the turn my canopy totally fogged over. It was almost instant as the gray cloud background masked the onset of the canopy fog. At some point I noticed all I could see was the tail light of the airplane I was following. It was a scary few seconds and I can confirm a sectional chart is a terrible canopy cleaner. Since then I always keep a mircrofiber cloth within reach.

Cool pic, and what a smooth wing!
        Unleashed Air Racing

Comment

Working...
        X