No announcement yet.

Venting...........A little off topic!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Venting...........A little off topic!!

I watched the Air Venture Airshow on the EAA website. They have live cams in various positions at the airport, plus they have one dedicated to the airshow.
    Brian

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
      I'm just thinking that in this day and age of where anyone with Internet access anywhere in the world can read what folks type on this site.... I'm gonna take a stand and say that I don't care which third of the populace you fall down among, if you're posting on this site, keep in mind, you're first and foremost, an AMERICAN!

Some of us American's might Like our current president.. maybe not. Some of us maybe liked our past president, maybe not.

I sure as hell liked the day's when, even if we didn't agree with their politics, we regarded our presidents as our "managers".. our saviors.. guys who got us out of binds, guys who made sure that the world saw us as the reluctant, big ass tough guy, you sure as hell don't want to piss off that we truly are...

S h i t.. all these bad guys gotta do now days is pull some s h i t somewhere, then read the blogs on what we Americans think of how the government responded... then work our dissent with whatever we think went wrong into a news angle..

If we start nitpicking from left to right, Republican to Democrat to liberal to libertarian... to tree hugger to industrialists.

What a nice easy pickins' face we present to the hungry rest of the world..

S h I t like some wordplay bashing the president of our country just seems pretty damn.. wrong...
      I agree with Wayne. We air race fans have many different political views. Put the political ideology aside for a week and just enjoy watching fast airplanes. I think we all can agree on that.

Frank C.

Comment

Originally posted by V1670 View Post
        Gotta admit, dawg put things in perspective. Maybe a little selfish on my part, but when walkin' the ramp with the sun on my face and the roar of Merlins and Wrights in my ears..........I really don't care much what's goin' on in Washington or Sacramento. It's only that looming Monday and the return to reality that bothers me.
        The "evil powers that be" do most of their work during the NCAR.........so that all of you distracted sheep won't realize it, until it's too late! [Que evil laughter]

Kevin

Comment

Post removed by t-dub.......
          Last edited by t-dub; 08-06-2013, 12:15 AM.
          "Racefuel, It's not just for breakfast anymore!" http://www.twracefotos.net

Comment

I am with Leo and the other who agree with him. I was at Oshkosh with all the missing planes. I was ashamed of my country for snubbing the biggest airshow on the planet. I think I will invite the Russians and Chinese just so the feral govt has to suffer the embarrassment of turning down their request to send planes to our air shows while it can’t even supply its own. The Republicats (sic) have no problem funding programs that make them rich....they can even force more C-17s down the Air Force's throat even though the USAF doesn't want them , so that their building can provide constituents jobs in 30 states. We have the best govt that money can buy.
            Ask yourself this. The feral govt held Oshkosh ransom for $450,000 to man the tower for a week. But they refused to give an itemized accounting of where that money would go. 9 controllers, their transportation, housing and food plus OT for others filling in for them at home does not equal $450,000. Whats next? $2,000,000 Reno air space waivers?
            Great evil is done when good men do nothing.....

Comment

But, as V1670 said above, none of it matters one bit from the first Merlin startup, or the first time you hear a formula, bipe, T-6 or Sport prop screaming, until the last sound fades into the distance.
              Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
              airplanenutleo@gmail.com
              thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Not off topic at all! When someone threatens to take away your sandbox (fun), you have to fight back! Let em know how you feel. Organize and find some leverage to apply. Some idiot got hurt at our local motocross track outside Reno and decided to sue even though he signed a liability release. Our track was temporarily shut down. Thanks to social media and strong willed people, leverage was found and the issue got resolved. Got to fight back! If we can't go fast on a track, where the hell can we?

Comment

Having been a defendant in several lawsuits through my lifetime and paying dearly I can tell you I have little respect for the process as it is today.
                  There is definitely a time and a place for them, unfortunately I think most nowadays are frivolous.
                  I have relatives and aquaintenances (notice I did NOT say friends) that live off of lawsuit settlements that go on and on. With relatively hard times upon us it is interesting to see the number of lawyers on the TV ads hawking their ability to "get you the money you deserve".
                  The suit after the 99 Levitz crash was a great example. No real injury, but a settlement!
                  Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                  airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                  thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

I've been to Miramar Airshow the past two years. If there's no military demos I have to say I'll be disappointed... But I'm sure they can still create a great show.
                    Every takeoff is optional. Every landing is mandatory...

Comment

Just an update, AOPA sent me a note informing pilots that the disaster in the white house plans on instituting a user fee of $100 per flight for all GA flights next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Airpirate View Post
                        Just an update, AOPA sent me a note informing pilots that the disaster in the white house plans on instituting a user fee of $100 per flight for all GA flights next year.
                        I got that AOPA update also.. This is how rumors get started I guess. You need to read further down the page. The proposed fee (and don't get me wrong, I'm not for increasing fees to do anything) assuming that I'm reading the same article... "The proposed fee
                        ($105 x aircraft weight ÷ 100,000) would be about $5 for a typical light single-engine aircraft every time it transited Class B airspace."

What would be even worse though would be the increase in gas tax that would up a training flight by $5 per hour! OUCH!

I figure everyone feels somewhat close to what I do, of course, we do need to pay for what we use, I don't resent paying fair tax rates, I just wish they (government) would be more careful how they spend it!
                        Wayne Sagar
                        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
                        X