Wide World of Sports - Reno 1970

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wide World of Sports - Reno 1970

Not sure if this has been posted before.

Last edited by Samuel; 02-13-2014, 07:36 PM.
    Random Air Blog

Re: Wide World of Sports - Reno 1970

Pretty good stuff, although.........you look at this footage and then you look at the stuff Live Airshow brings to us now; ain't technology great? Thanks for posting that bit of history. And a BIG thanks to Live Airshow for bring the current coverage. You people do a great job.

Comment

He also crashed on landing at Stead, they never put that on Wide World of Sports. I forget what happened, but I believe they walked away too...perhaps someone else remembers. If I remember right, the Staggerwing Beach race pilots were required to carry an observer due to the limited visibily from the cockpit.
      Brian

Comment

You couldn't wipe that smile off of Mr. Lacy's face for the world! Neat video, for sure. Been a while since I've seen that one!

- Joseph

Comment

Originally posted by supercub View Post
          He also crashed on landing at Stead, they never put that on Wide World of Sports. I forget what happened, but I believe they walked away too...perhaps someone else remembers. If I remember right, the Staggerwing Beach race pilots were required to carry an observer due to the limited visibily from the cockpit.
          Brian
          Good memory, all were true.
          Chris...

Comment

Working...
          X