Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 36

Thread: Howie Keefe

  1. #21

    Default Re: Howie Keefe

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN5147.jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	203.9 KB 
ID:	19924Dear All:

    I am Howie Keefe's daughter Dorrie Keefe.

    I look forward to participating however I can, whenever I can in regards to 'Miss A' and my Dad, Howie Keefe. I spent a lot time flying in and being around 'Miss A' with my Father, the crew, and all the other race participants/supporters. Dad's love of flying and his sharp mind, at 92, allowed him to still be a part of the discussion. All the interesting happenings, in regards to aviation, kept him busy. I have recent emails from him, for instance, one regarding what he thought happened with the Korean flight that crash landed at SFO, and a few more that are dated two days before he passed.

    His passing was sudden and unexpected. Yes, he was coping/dealing with Prostate Cancer but in the end, Congenital Heart Failure was the condition that brought him to the hospital on July 25, 2013. He could've been kept alive by means of oxygen and other support but he said no to that and stated that he was ready, and wanted to go. His passing at approximately 10am, on Friday, July 26, 2013, was his choice. Dad let go peacefully, with grace and dignity.

    I would like to think that he was at Oshkosh this year , given that his passing was that friday of the weeks festivities, and I feel he will also be with us at the Reno Air Races for the 50th year celebration

    I'm going to be at the Reno Air Races and would love to meet up with any and all to say hello. I would like you to know that my family and I thank you all personally for supporting and honoring my Father's dedication to aviation and his chapter with Miss America. I'd also like to give a special thanks to Dr. Hisey, God bless him for keeping Miss America in the sky.

    Sincerely,
    Dorrie Keefe
    1567 Hobart St Unit B
    Chico, CA 95926
    530-899-8011
    keefedo@butte.edu

  2. #22

    Default Re: Howie Keefe

    Dear Joseph:
    You truly have shown the true essence of my Dad, Howie Keefe. Thank you for posting these wondeful pictures of your encounter with him.

    Sincerely,
    Dorrie Keefe



    Quote Originally Posted by Idaho_cowpony View Post
    So sad to hear this news, but very happy that he lived such a full life!

    He was also very inspirational to me..

    I think this is '94. I had drawn a picture of Miss America, and Howie noticed, and so I had him sign it. Then he gave me a piggy-back around the pits. Yeah!





    - Joseph

  3. #23

    Default Re: Howie Keefe

    Dear Big Jim;

    You are right, winning was never my Father's focus! His love of flying 'Miss A', placing and making it all the way into the final race on Sunday, and finishing without any engine trouble, etc..., was his high. Being a part of the race community, and performing at air shows perpetuated promoting aviation, that was his mission. I am so grateful that he was able to live such a wonderful and fulfilling life. It is much appreciated to be able to read all the posts on this site and to be reminded about how he brought so much enjoyment to you and all. Thank you for supporting his legacy.

    Sincerely,
    Dorrie Keefe


    Quote Originally Posted by Big_Jim View Post
    Amen. Along with the low-profile tinted canopy and the Cox sponsorship....just classic. He never won but he never had to. Always a fan favorite, and as I said before 'the face of air racing' for a generation of kids.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    7,938

    Default Re: Howie Keefe

    Quote Originally Posted by DorrieKeefe View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN5147.jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	203.9 KB 
ID:	19924Dear All:

    I am Howie Keefe's daughter Dorrie Keefe.

    I look forward to participating however I can, whenever I can in regards to 'Miss A' and my Dad, Howie Keefe.
    Dorrie, welcome to the hangar! I wish I'd have been able to meet your dad! From everything I've seen and heard, he was just a super person.

    Things are a little crazy here right now due to the excitement over the upcoming event, so to keep your response up in the top so Howie's friends will see that you're here, I'm going to "pin" this thread for a while.

    Again, a very warm welcome to the hangar!
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    7,938

    Default Re: Howie Keefe

    Hey folks, I pinned Howie's thread because his daughter found it and is now responding within it. I know some of you were pretty close to Howie so I wanted to ensure you didn't miss the chance to say hello to Dorrie Keefe.
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Melbourne Australia
    Posts
    73

    Default Re: Howie Keefe

    Blue Skies Howie Keefe

    I had the pleasure of seeing Howie preform with Miss A way back in in think it was 1970 at the naval air station Just outside of Dallas he put on a great show and then took the time afterwords to talk to every one especially the young kids ie myself at the time and no question was to small or silly to give a polite and full explanation to
    He will be missed

  7. #27

    Default Re: Howie Keefe

    Your sharing means a lot to me and my family. Thank you for sharing your memory and kind words dmk



    Quote Originally Posted by luscombe View Post
    Blue Skies Howie Keefe

    I had the pleasure of seeing Howie preform with Miss A way back in in think it was 1970 at the naval air station Just outside of Dallas he put on a great show and then took the time afterwords to talk to every one especially the young kids ie myself at the time and no question was to small or silly to give a polite and full explanation to
    He will be missed

  8. #28

    Default Re: Howie Keefe

    Thank you Wayne for helping me get onto your site I appreciate your introduction and support.
    FYI: I just received a message on FB from RARC that there will be a tribute to Dad... I am waiting to speak with Mr. Houghton. I'll post info once I know more. dmk


    Quote Originally Posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
    Dorrie, welcome to the hangar! I wish I'd have been able to meet your dad! From everything I've seen and heard, he was just a super person.

    Things are a little crazy here right now due to the excitement over the upcoming event, so to keep your response up in the top so Howie's friends will see that you're here, I'm going to "pin" this thread for a while.

    Again, a very warm welcome to the hangar!

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Richland, WA
    Posts
    618

    Default Re: Howie Keefe

    National Air racing Group (NAG) will be featuring Howie Keefe in the pre-Reno edition of Professional Air Racing. A number of people have contributed photos. It should be in the mail as we speak.

  10. #30

    Default Re: Howie Keefe

    Hello ShermB: Thank you for the notification and honoring my Dad in your publication. Would it be possible for me to get a copy of this special edition of NAG?

    Sincerely,

    Dorrie Keefe
    1567 Hobart St, Unit B
    Chico, CA 95926


    Quote Originally Posted by ShermB View Post
    National Air racing Group (NAG) will be featuring Howie Keefe in the pre-Reno edition of Professional Air Racing. A number of people have contributed photos. It should be in the mail as we speak.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •